If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isabel

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isabel

Well... Isabel has come and gone.... she left in her wake... amoung many other things...my home computer dead and a 70 foot tree in my back yard! thankfully it missed the house!

How did the rest of your fare???

Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Isabel

We lost power and phone Thurs about 8 pm. Phone was back by Fri am, but just got power back today about 3pm. Some locals may not have power till Fri. I'm feeling real lucky. Linda

Comment

Lisa---So glad the tree missed your house. We have a number of trees which all seem capable of falling on our house. Luckily, all they did was dump dead branches and a bunch of live leaves all over the lawn. Columbia has underground wires so we didn't lose electricity. The Washington, Bethesda area has great areas of power loss. We feel very lucky!

Sue

Comment

Even though is was heading right for us, we also were very lucky.
        Lots of leaves and sticks but that's it. There were a lot of people without power around us though.

Fred
        Apex, NC (near Raleigh)

Comment

Hey guys
          We madeit , through the storm, we just got power back last night, we had winds of 85mph, our house was spared, but alot of people here lost there home, over 50 trees in our nieghborhood are down, in fact trees are still falling. Cars got smashed, A landmark was taken the famous Harrisons pier, , we visited the area as we only lived 5 miles from it, we are federal disaster area, we also had 3 tornados touch down in our area, it looks like one touched down in our nieghborhood, we have 6 trees down on our block alone, I just thank GOD no one was hurt, that's whats important, we can rebiuld, But with not having air for days , when i'm used to it was rough because i'm now retaining fluid again, Ive gained 5 pounds over night. You guys take it easy, i know i am today, it's been a rough weekend Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

We feel very fortunate. We have two homes, one in Delaware, the other in Maryland near Chestertown. Both have substantial numbers of trees that could do considerable damge. For us, just a lot of debris to clean up. Others in our neighborhood were not so lucky. Several homes had damaged roofs, trees and large branches implaled themselves. A couple travel trailers crushed but no personal injuries I am aware of. In Maryland the high water did as much damage as anything, flooding entire towns and doing serious property damage. Restaurants near the water were destroyed, boats on land in storage ended up floating away. All in all though, it could have been worse. Best to all.

Comment

Well I am very glad you are all well. My thought go out to those family dealing with the aftermath.
              Stay well...and lets all hope the rest of the storms stay over the ocean this year!

Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Our entire family had pre-paid for a house rental on Nags Head the week of the 20th.

Needless to say, we did not go. Instead we have just returned from a restful week in Gatlinburg, TN. Actually, we probably spent more time in the Smokeys than in town. Kayla did quite well on her first "real" vacation - the ones to Cleveland Clinic do not count.

Now, I am off to "fight" the rental company and the insurance company to attempt to get some of the pre-paid rental money back!

- Tim and Lynn
                Thanks, Tim
                Forum Administrator

Comment

Tim, Good luck! Linda

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X