If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Upgrade

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Heartbeat Find out more about Heartbeat
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Upgrade

I find the new upgrade to be a bit more difficult in finding "what's new" information. Maybe I am just missing the section to find this? In the old forum you could click on "What's New" and find several new posts at the same time. You could then scroll down and find history. Is that no longer available?
    Diagnosed with HCM in 1992
    Myectomy at Johns Hopkins in April 2013

I agree - if we can set up some function like that, it would be helpful!
    Gordon
    Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

I agree....I liked being able to go to the what"s new section on the old forum and see all the new posts for the last couple days
      After years of symptoms:
      Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
      Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
      Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
      At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Comment

I also can't figure out how to search the archives anymore. I don't know if they did not migrate with the change in the message board, or if there is some way to search that I do not understand, but regardless, I can't figure it out and I can't see any way to make your search go back in time.
        Daughter of Father with HCM
        Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
        Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
        ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
        Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

I just sent off a query about the search issue; hopefully we can get info soon!

Comment

Looks like there should be a ranking system using stars under the username, but it doesn't work. In IE 11 I get the little cross icon for images that can't be displayed. FF 41.0.1 doesn't show anything at all. The actual Image it tries to display is 404: http://messageboard.4hcm.org/images/ranks/star.gif
            Some people say I don't have a heart, but my doctor says I have too much?

Comment

The "Today's Posts" feature has been restored.

The search problem is being worked on - it may take a few days.

Comment

And yes, DEChengst, the links to those images are broken. Not surprisingly, that's lower priority than fixing the search issue, but it's on the list.

These reports are helpful - keep them coming!

Comment

Okay...I was signed in ....wrote a reply ...and a box came up saying "Missing Human Verification Information" and it showed me as a guest and would not post my reply.... I really am a human as far as I know...LOL I had to copy what I wrote, sign out, sign back in paste my comment and then it posted.
                  It might be because I took too long writing ...... Dunno....just reporting glitches
                  Last edited by JillC; 10-06-2015, 11:10 PM.
                  After years of symptoms:
                  Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
                  Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
                  Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
                  At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Comment

Ha! OK, having met you I'll verify that you're human (if, that is, it's really Jill that's writing this . . . .). As a guess, what might've been going on is that you'd exceeded some time limit and the software logged you out -- this happened to me more than once before the upgrade. But a more useful message might be nice!

Comment

Search is now working. Sort of . . . there are still some issues with it, but mostly it's working.
                      Gordon

Comment

Wow what a change to the forum, I bet I'll be lost for hours with this LOL, Hello everyone long time no see!
                        had HCM since birth
                        'enlarged heart' identified in 96'
                        HOCM dx in 7/08
                        Myectomy 8/09
                        extended Myectomy 5/10
                        'End stage' HCM dx 8/10
                        CRT-D implanted 9/10
                        evaluated for Transplant 11/10
                        Listed for transplant 6/11

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse