If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussed that I can't work!!!!!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussed that I can't work!!!!!!

[Discussed that I can't work!!!!!!]

Author: Dora J. (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 04-17-02 20:36

Hi everyone,

I need to vent tonight. Hope you all don't mind.

I got a letter in the mail the other day from Social Security. They want to do a review on my case even though it hasn't been a year. I ask her how often they do a review and she said once a year unless something else comes to them that they feel they need to review it sooner. Well it hasn't been a year since they did my review last year. Last year for about 4 month my husband left, but when he came back home I let them know. That was the first of July when he came back. Well they never did anything so I figured everything was ok. My 13 year old also receieves Social Security because he is ADHD. My husband is not his father and they are figuring my husbands income for his SS too. I don't think that is fair. My husband is not responsible to support my boys. With everything the way it is in todays time you need a second income. I am not able to work because of my illness. I just don't understand it that they are going to take my income away. I have two children to support. All I get from their dad is $230 a month. I sat in her office and balded my eyes out. My husband just got a promotion at his job and with that I will lose my Medicate. I take six different medications a day. One I take twice and all the doctor visits. I don't know what I am going to do. Well enough for now. Sorry about this but I needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Dora J.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Discussed that I can't work!!!!!!]

Author: Yvette (---.70.ejourney.com)

Date: 04-18-02 06:26

Dearest Dora~

Oh my Gosh, do I hear ya! My husband was diagnosed with HOCM almost 2 years ago, he was a very hard working supervisor making almost $16 an hour. I only needed to work part time for my own spending money, and we have two children. Then we had two different doctors tell us he couldn't work anymore due the severity of his HOCM, and his diabetes wasn't helping matters. We were told to apply for S.S. disability, we have been denied 3 times! He just had open heart surgery 3 weeks ago. His condition was so bad, but some # they get when they do the echo was 84 in the beginning and is now down to a 14, I can't remember what they call it. In any case, we have had to hire an attorney. We also got ahold of our state representative, and he is involved now. It is sad what S.S can do to people. We have learned to barely live now on my income and help from his parents, without them we surely wouldn't survive. My prayers go out to you. Email me back if you would like, and good luck to you Dora!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Discussed that I can't work!!!!!!]

Author: Sherry (---.ras11.floca.tii-dial.net)

Date: 04-18-02 19:44

Hi! Dora'

I hear You and agree. My husband was making $16 an hour working as a Framer building houses and doing side work on weekends. He had to quit work in Jan 2001. was diagnosed in April 2001. I managed to get retrained and have tried to keep the family going. We were just served forclosure papers on our property yesterday. He's been turned down by SS three times and we have a lawyer. It's been very stressful for all of us. My 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter lost their natural father in an automobile accident that we were all in 8 years ago. They have emotional rollercoaster rides. My husband is on several medications, has gone through 2 AA's and a triple by pass and myomyectomy. He seems to be stable for now, but still can't work. They tell us he's in the severe stage of this disease, yet offer us no more info.

Sherry
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X