If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i had my surgery

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Angeleyes22 Find out more about Angeleyes22
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i had my surgery

hey everyone i am sorry i haven't been posting much lately took forever to get my surgery scheduled but now it is done. i had a myectomy on the 30th of july and am doing much better. they didn't have to do anything to my valve after all. i am on my way to a slow recovery just thought i would post an update. hope everyone is well.
    amanda
    Cleveland Myectomy Crew july 2003

Re: i had my surgery

Hi Amanda,

Isn't it a relief to know the hardest part is over and now you just have to heal up over time. Will you eventually be doing any cardiac rehab???

I had an ablation at the end of May and I've been working frequently but moderately at my Health Club.

Comment

Amanda, Glad to hear your report. Keep us posted on your progress. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Linda

Comment

Hi Amanda,

Doug here. Congratulations on your myectomy. I just had mine done on July 22 too. Being almost 3 weeks into recovery now I can tell you that you are going to feel even much better in a week or so. I am sore still but each day I am getting better. Great to here you are doing well, keep it up.

Doug
        NEMC's (Boston) First Myectomy 7-22-2003

Comment

i just had my first sneeze and boy did that hurt. today was my first day without pain medicine til i sneezed. thanx for all the replies.
          amanda
          Cleveland Myectomy Crew july 2003

Comment

Amanda,

Glad to hear that everything went so well! Take it easy during your recovery and take care of you!

Elizabeth
            2001 Myectomy/Mitral Valve Repair

Comment

Amanda, I hope that you continue to get lots better every day.

Reenie
              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Amanda,

I'm so glad that everything went well for you! Congratulations and best wishes for a continued wonderful recovery!

Lynn
                Lynn Stewart
                HOCM 4/2002
                Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Originally posted by Angeleyes22 View Post
                  hey everyone i am sorry i haven't been posting much lately took forever to get my surgery scheduled but now it is done. i had a myectomy on the 30th of july and am doing much better. they didn't have to do anything to my valve after all. i am on my way to a slow recovery just thought i would post an update. hope everyone is well.
                  amanda
                  I have just had my myectomy on the 12.10.12. I came out of hospital yesterday. I am in London UK. I dont think they do it that often here. I came home two weeks after the op and had to go back in again, something wrong with the heartbeat and got very swollen. I wondered about your recovery and how you are feeling now. Did you have it as open heart surgery like I did and do you have any problems with you breast bone? Mine keeps feeling like its slipping and clunking. Is that normal? Did you have that?

Comment

Working...
                  X