If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Susan Y's dad from Judy Clingaman

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Tim Stewart Find out more about Tim Stewart
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Susan Y's dad from Judy Clingaman

I received a very happy email from Judy Clingaman this morning as follows:
    HI!
    I met you at Cleveland when my daughter, Susan Youngblood was there.
    Just wanted to let you know that my husband got a heart transplant on July 20. He is doing great. He got the heart of a 27 year old. He just turned 64 on the 30th of July.
    Susan was going to post it but she is busy with school. She is doing great.
    Now I say he had HCM.
    Well take care
    Judy Clingaman
    If you are a long time reader of this message board (or rather it's predecessor), you may recall hearing from Susan Youngblood. Lynn and I were lucky enough to be at the Cleveland Clinic for one of Lynn's follow-ups at when we got to met Susan and her mother, Judy Clingaman as Susan was scheduled for a Myectomy that week. I researched and found the following posts from that timeframe for those who might be interested:

Sounds like Susan is busy but hopefully she will post again soon with her update. Great to hear from them!
    Thanks, Tim
    Forum Administrator

Re: Update on Susan Y's dad from Judy Clingaman

Best wishes to the entire family!!

I hope he has a speedy recovery from his transplant!!

Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Tim, Thanks for sharing that good news. Our best wishes to all. Thank you to the family of the 27 yr old whose generosity will give a new life and hope for the future to Mr. Clingaman. Linda

Comment

Linda - you bring up a good point...
        My sister Lori was an organ donor - I know the pain the donor family is feeling now and I also know the amazing gift they gave in their time of grief...God Bless them all.

Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I had an email from Judy this morning telling me their good news. As a future organ transplant patient. I rejoice with her, at the same time you do feel the pain for the donor family. I am on my now to speak to the Cedar Rapids Jaycee's regarding being organ donors. I always mention in my talks the pain of the organ donor family. but the legacy they leave is undescribable. I go back to Mayo, Monday for further evaluation for the central line. Will let you know next week.
          Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
          ICD&Pacemaker 1996
          Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
          Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X