If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rough times

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough times

I just don't get it! The more I try the worse it gets.

I just spent almost a week in the hosptial again with CHF. I feel so crummy right now that i can't stand it. I can't lay down without feeling like I'm drowning, can't walk without SOB, and I have gotten numerous episodes of dizziness (no changes in the echo however). So bad I passed out in the bathroom at the hosptial and had to have them pick me up and take me to my bed. While in the hosptial I guess my bladder decided to take a vacation and I could not urinate, they waited until my pain was so bad I wanted to die. When the urologist came in they pulled off 1400cc of fluid (normal 500cc). They released me because I had to go take my finals ( don't even want to know how they turned out). I'm a wreck!

And to make my life even better i got kicked out of my house! I was only a month behind but they said they wanted me out. They lectured me for three hours about how important it was to pay rent on time. My response was let's see pay my doctors who keep me alive or pay rent! Tough decision but if I had to do it over again I'd make the same choice. The only reason I stayed and listened was I thought they would let me stay otherwise I would have walked out. A couple of days later while trying to move they barged into the house and started yelling at me again I was already starting to feel bad and this made it worse. So I went to my dr. appointment where I found out I had rejected my medi-port and it had to be removed. They did it in the office (not fun) while on the table my SOB got really bad and as soon as the dr. stitched me I was sent right to the ER!

So I've been out of work for about a week and half and can't make my car payment and have already had a deferment so I don't know what to do!

Any kind words right now would be very encouraging because I am not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel right now .

Mary S.

Re: rough times

Dear Mary,

I don't know what to say. I just want you to know that we're here for you. I hope that things start to fall into place for you soon. Take care and don't give up.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Dear Mary,

If what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, then you ought to be Hercules!

I realize that your friends there are really your family, it seems that the universe is kicking you out of your current situation. Perhaps this is the opportunity you need to consider living somewhere else like we talked about before.

I'm truly sorry you are having such a hard time. It does seem some of us get more than others for no good reason.

I have to go break up with someone right now, but I'll be in and out later and tomorrow. Give me a call if you want to talk.

PM me if there is anything I can do!

take care,
      S

Comment

Mary,
        First of all do you have a place to stay? I am assuming yes or you would not have computer access?? What was the reason for the hospitalization? Did they give you a diagnosis? Have you contacted social services in the hospital to assist you in housing or with medical bills?
        Stay focused on feeling well and getting the basics in life handled - IE housing and meals...then lets worry about the rest.

Be well and know you remain in my thoughts.

Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Oh Mary, I just checked the posts. That situation your in sounds awful. I'll keep you in my prayers, I promise. I'm really hoping it all works out for you. You can PM me anytime you want to talk. I'm here to listen.

Take care, Anna

Comment

Mary, I'll be praying for you also. Please take Lisa's suggestion and get in touch with S.S. Linda

Comment

Mary, I am so sorry for all you are going through. I wish I could help. But, I think all I can do is pray for you and that is what I will do. It sounds like you need a great big hug. Just think of all your friends here on the board and know that we are all giving you a hug with our thoughts. Hope all is better this week. Keep your chin up. Or in my case it would be chins. (ha ha)
              Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Mary, when it rains it pours. They say God does not give us more than we can handle but sometimes he does tend to overload. I will keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself and try to be less stressed as it will help everything. Take a deep breath and look at your options. You are strong and you will go on. Follow Lisa's advice. Get some assistance.
                Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
                ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
                Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Mary,
                  Many people come to this site and don't reply but just read. You are in the thoughts and prayers of all of us, even those who do not post.
                  Chuck B

An inch is a cinch, a yard is hard

Comment

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their kind words and thoughts.

It has been a rough couple of weeks but I will make it. I always do ! I do have a place to stay and food so I am thankful for that. I did try to get assistance from the state just so I could get back on my feet but they said I make too much money! Did you know that when they calculate your monthly living expenses they include cable tv and cellular service. Yet, medications and doctor bills do not apply tward that So, apparently people can't live without tv but my heart meds are considered a luxury. Go figure!

Well, enough of my griping I am going to go to casting today and see if I can transfer to a sit down job. I may very well have to take a pay cut but working is better than not!

Thanks,

Mary s.

Comment

Keep working toward getting things in order... it will work out if you keep trying!
                      Lisa
                      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                      Currently not obstructed
                      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Mary,

Please know that my thoughts are with you right now. You've had some pretty hard times lately, and i know you have the concerns and support of everyone here at the HCMA board behind you. You are welcome to call, email or instant message me at any time if i can be help to you in any way, or even if you just want to chat. As everyone on the board knows, i have been in pretty tough times myself recently, and it gives me great pleasure to be able to repay, in any way possible, the kindnesses that have been given to me here.

Take good care of yourself, and please feel free to message me for my cellphone number (i'll pay for the call) if you need someone to bullsh*t with.

Jim
                        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                        X