If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pregnant and would appreciate any prayers!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

MemoryOfAspyn Find out more about MemoryOfAspyn
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant and would appreciate any prayers!

Hello everyone, just to reintroduce myself, my name is Stacy Block and my daughter Aspyn passed away last July from Mitochondrial disease, cardiomyopathy, and Lactic Acidosis. We found out she had Mito after she receved a diagnoses for Hypertrophic Cardiomypathy, three months after we got her DX, she passed away from heart failure, they told us that the cells in heart started to burst, and soon after her kidneys failed. If you would like to learn more about Aspyn and see her pictures you can visit her website at www.aspynblock.com

I am writing today because I am 23 weeks pregnant with my second child, we have a 1 in 4 chance of this baby being affected with the same condition that Aspyn had. I was just hoping that those of you who would be willing to say a prayer, or even just keep us in your thougths, we would really appreciate it. We will not be able to find out if this baby is affected until after it is born, and we still may not know anything, the baby could present symptoms at any point, the docs told us not to consider ourselves out of the woods until the baby is 1 year old. We have a fetal echo scheduled for August 14th and we I will just be monitored very close until the baby is born.

I just wanted to give you guys an update, i hope everyone is doing well and please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers daily!
    Stacy Block
    Mommy of Aspyn Remar Block
    Unknown Mitochondrial Disease, Cardiomyopothy, and Lactic Acidosis
    11-14-01 to 7-15-02
    Please visit Aspyn at www.aspynblock.com or
    www.rememberinghannah.co.uk/aspyn.htm

Re: Pregnant and would appreciate any prayers!

Dear Stacy, you certainly have my prayers. I wish you the best of luck.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Dear Stacy,

You've got it! Aspyn's story has really hit home for me, and I pray that your next baby will be just fine. I personally think that Aspyn has paved the way for your new baby, and chances are everything will be allright. Think positive and let the rest of us pray that once again everything will be fine.

Take care and best of luck.

Bert

Comment

Dear Stacy,
        I have added you to the prayer list at Silent Unity, www.unityworldhq.org/silent_unity.htm They have been praying for people here in the US and all over the world 24/7, for over 100 years. They even have a phone number to talk to someone if you need prayer support - 816-969-2000. Or if you have no means of paying for the call you can dial - 800-669-7729. Unity also publishes a a little inspirational booklet called, Daily Word. Some of you may have heard of it, and it has helped me through some troubling times.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you await the birth of your new healthy baby. I pray that God's loving light surrounds you and your family now and always and that He brings great joy to you now and forever. May God bless you and keep you.

I would also like to pray for our angels, Aspyn, my Anthony, Carolyn, Lori and so many others. May each one of us Mom's, Dad's, sisters, brothers and family members know peace and love from our angels. God's gift to us for only a moment in time but always treasured.

Love and Light,
        Sharon

Comment

Thank you all so much for your support and kind words. I never imagined that I would meet such great people, I can not believe the support I have recieved and the wonderful friends I have made. I just wish we could have all met under different circumstances
          thank you all for being here!!
          Stacy Block
          11-14-01 to 7-15-02

Comment

Stacy,

A little while ago my 2 1/2-year-old granddaughter bounced into my office, climbed in my lap, and asked me to look at monkeys with her on the computer. She and I spend a lot of time on the San Diego Zoo web site -- I think I'm now familiar with every breed of monkey on the planet.

It's a long way from 1971, when my first child was born with a birth defect and died soon afterward. That was a devastating experience which I certainly don't have to explain to you.

If someone had told me then that there would be another baby, and then two grandchildren, and as much happiness as there had been sorrow, I would not have believed it. But that's what happened, and I think about it every time Caitlyn and I look at the monkeys.

Things will be fine for you. Good luck.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

I am so sorry to hear that you to have lost a child, it has to be one of the hardest things life can throw at you.

I agree with you totally about a new baby and all the happiness that comes with it. When we decided to try again we new at that point what our chances were. After months of trying to figure out if we could deal with this illness again and possibly lose another child we finally decided that Aspyn brought so much happiness to us while she was here, and she forever changed our lives in the best of ways, and if we are only given another 8 months with another child, once again we would be blessed to have held an angel. We just hope and pray that things will be different this time and that this baby will have a much longer life than his or her big sister Aspyn.

I am so happy that after your loss you were able to find so much happiness. I wish you all the best and i pray that you have many many more good times and look at lots more monkeys.

Thank you!!
              Stacy Block
              11-14-01 to 7-15-02

Comment

Stacy,
                You can be sure that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will hope, pray and cross my fingers...anything at all... for you to have a healthy baby to fill your home and heart.
                I know you must be tense and nervous...but know you have friends in cyberspace who really care!

Be well,
                Lisa
                Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                Currently not obstructed
                Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Stacy,

I have a friend whose husband was sprayed with agent orange in Vietnam. Her 1st child died quickly with brain cancer. Then she had another, and then 3 more. They ALL have birth defects and their health has been an on-going problem, but they are a warm, happy big family for the most part. My friend never believed that she would ever have such a productive, bustling household after the heartbreak of the death of her first born----------

Also, I was born with dreadful birth defects, spina bifida, a tethered spinal cord and HOCM. Despite all this, my life from the outside looks relatively normal, and I had a productive 20 year career. I'm just telling you these stories to help you realize that even if your new baby has some birth defects, it doesn't mean that they won't have a long and productive life. So don't lose heart, even if the new baby is not PERFECT. Unperfect people can still have wonderful lives.

We'll be praying for you-------

Caroline P.

Comment

Oh I agree so much, I tell everyone I dont care if this baby has 11 fingers and 9 toes, I just hope and pray this baby will be able to spend many many years with us!
                    Stacy Block
                    11-14-01 to 7-15-02

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Comment

Stacy,
                        My prayers are with you and your family.

Cynthia
                        \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Stacy, Thank you for sharing that beautiful picture. My prayers and best wishes to you all. Linda

Comment

Hi Stacey:
                            I will definately pray for you. I read your story on Aspyn. It touched my heart deeply. Please remember that everything happens for a reason. We may not understand why such terrible times would fall on us but there is a reason for it as horrible as that sounds. What you went through is something I can't ever imagine EVER..... I wish you and your family ALL THE BEST... I have NO DOUBT that everything will be fine for you with this pregnacy......God Bless!
                            Tammy

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                            X