If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leftarm pain

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

dennis Find out more about dennis
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leftarm pain

I,ve ben experiencing pain in my upper left arm off and on for a number of days,more frequently today. Has anyone else ever had this type of discomfort. Dennis
    i

Re: leftarm pain

Dear Dennis,

There are many different kinds of pain and we can't diagnose it over the board (which is a shame, really, don't you think? )

If the pain happens while you also have chest pain, shortness or breath, dizziness, and/or tachycardia or arrhythmias, then you need to see your doctor asap or call 911 if you are in a seriously in a world of hurt.

If icing or a heating pad or over-the-counter pain medication doesn't make it better, then see your doctor.

take care,

S

Comment

Please call your doctor...it maybe nothing...it maybe something...
      Please check with the doctor and let us know how you are doing.
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hi... I had the same pains. It would wake me up at night, or it would come out of the blue. A change was made to my beta blocker and that was the last time it hurt. Please tell your doctor.

Comment

My suggestion is to insist that the doctor pay attention to it. I had been seeing a regular cardiologist and realize he was not familiar enough with the symptoms of HCM and pretty much blew me off when I would complain about various symptoms. I know my body and I know when the pain in my left arm, shoulder and neck is related to my heart or another injury. The fact is that my HCM is much more advanced and the pain is a direct outcome of it. Make sure you get frequent echos, it is the only way to know what is really going on.

Marty
          Alcohol ablation January, 2004. Stent placed, September, 2003. Now...at age 53...working out, building a cabin, sober and clean. A 2nd chance at life. There is hope, there is a future. Have faith.

Comment

I agree with you that you know your own body and it's important to insist the caregivers listen to your symptoms and your interpretation of them. Same with parents, they live with the child daily and know them so well. If a parent senses something is not quite right, it probably isn't. Linda

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X