If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July office hours

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July office hours

Hello all!
    I hope everyone is having a nice summer!
    I will be away July 17-19 on a mini vacation and I will be in Boston July 23-24 on a mini dr.visit/vacation.
    Kelly will be in the office and able to contact me if anyone needs something urgently...otherwise I may take a little while to get back to you over the next 2 weeks!

Be well,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: July office hours

Hope you have fun!
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hi Lisa!

I am excited...if you are in Boston the 23rd and 24th I would REALLY love to meet you in person. I will be having my myectomy the 22nd at Tufts-NEMC. I missed you on the June date but if you are here to visit with the clinic docs I would sure love to have you stop on by to say hello in person. I am in surgery the morning of the 22nd, so if you are around on the 24th come say hello and meet my family too. Hope to see you!

Doug
      NEMC's (Boston) First Myectomy 7-22-2003

Comment

Lisa, Enjoy your time off and here's hoping for a great checkup. We are leaving for Ohio - visiting family- tomorrow. I will be home late Monday. You have my cell phone # if you need to reach me. I promise to check it at least once a day. Mostly, I plan to sit under the big maple tree with a book. No internet for me for a while! Reenie, glad you're back, Linda

Comment

Doug, Best wishes on the upcoming surgery, sending a few prayers your way too - Linda

Comment

Doug - Wild horses could not keep me away! I will visit you on the 24th...on the 23rd... trust me you will not want to see me!

I look forward to meeting you...normally I request a hug...but I do not think you will want hugs 2 days post myectomy!...I will take an IOU on the hug

see you in Boston!
            Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Currently not obstructed

Comment

Thanks Linda!

Lisa, you can come by anytime you want...23...24 both days, no matter. I spent all day doing pre-op today and everything is on track so I will see you next week. Travel safe!

Doug
              NEMC's (Boston) First Myectomy 7-22-2003

Comment

Hello everyone.

Sorry I was MIA for a few days...but sometimes I guess we all need a little break...YES even me.

Well here is the story of my trip to Boston...
                Good news and other news that is actually good too...(but may not seem it)

My daughter was screened and appears to be clear at this time - we will re-screen in 1 year...but for now

My niece - is getting her 1st ICD in a few weeks. It was felt that with our family history and her symptoms that it is best for her to have a device. She is doing well with the news...we will be heading back to Boston in 2 weeks for the implant. We will then have 3 generations of familily with ICD's -I bet that is not that common!

I visited with Doug who looked great 24 hrs post procedure!
                Thats whats new here....

Best to all!
                Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Hi Lisa,
                  Glad to hear Stacey is going forward with her safety net! Keep us posted and let us know how she is doing...of course, she could always post and let us know herself.

Good news on Becca! She is such a sweety, can't help but want to pinch her cute cheeks. Let her know we are all excited about her news.

Love and Kisses,
                  Sharon

Comment

Working...
                  X