If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

teen support

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teen support

[teen support]

Author: mary (---.ckhnet.com)

Date: 04-13-02 09:47

I have a teenage son who is 15 with hcm. I am wondering if there are any other teens out there who would like to correspond on a teen site? As a parent it is diffecult to know what they are feeling. It is tough enough to be a teen much less have a medical condition that limits you. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: teen support]

Author: Sarah Beckley (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 04-13-02 17:32

Dear Mary,

THe HCMA has a network for its members and will hook your teen up with others. There will also be a special teen session at the annual meeting in NJ on May 31st and June 1st. You can all the office for details about both -973-983-7429.

Sarah

We could also add a Teen Only message board here, too, if there was enough interest.

Author: Kasey Wookey (---.per.openaccess.com.au)

Date: 04-15-02 23:43

hi mary my name is kasey and im 17 and i also have HCM.

my mum also feels th same as you as she doesnt understand or know what I am feeling or going through.

and i would be happy to get in touch with your son.

Author: mary (208.132.95.---)

Date: 04-20-02 11:21

Kasey,

What is your email adress? I will pass it on to my son and he may or may not contact you. I really never know how he feels. sometimes, I think he doesn't even want to talk aobut it.

Author: Sarah Beckley (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 04-21-02 12:53

Dear Mary,

If you click on Kasey's name that is underlined in blue on her posting, it will launch an e-mail to her.

Sarah

Author: Kasey Wookey (---.per.openaccess.com.au)

Date: 04-22-02 11:40

Mary,

my email address is [email protected].

its cool, its your sons call to email me. just tell him i know how he feels. im a teenager with the same problem.

i looking forward to getting his email.

Author: rhonda (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 04-23-02 16:59

hi,

i have a son who turns 19 next week, he was diagnosed at age 15. at that time

he was a very competitive baseball player and weight lifter. according to our athletic guidelines in alabama he was removed from sports immediately.

this was not only a devestating period for him, but also us (his parents and family)

it was a real struggle for him to maintain a relationship w/ people who had been his friends for life (they were just like him, real jocks,and were busy w/ practice, games, etc...) but time has helped. he has shared his condition w/ only close friends and just backs out during strenuous activity.

luckily for us and him, he has become interested in fishing and hunting, again w/

the strenuous parts done by his friends and dad.

he is now a freshman in college, living in his own home w/ friends. I am no longer around to monitor his lifestyle, rest, and meds, but he knows the risks, does his best to take care of himself but continues to live life his way.

his e-mail address is [email protected].

feel free to write him, but as i said he continues to be very private and withdrawn when it comes to having hcm.

best of luck to you

rhonda
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X