If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blood Clots, and broken veins

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

murrayfan33 I am 43,have a beautiful daughter, and am loving my new life ! Find out more about murrayfan33
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Clots, and broken veins

I had an echo doneJune 20, and was told I have clots on the leads from my I.C.D. I also have a vein that has come to the surface of the skin and burst, looks like a bruise. Any ideas?
    Hello, I`m Craig, I have H.O.C.M. and I`m making the most of my life with my daughter and my wife!!!

Re: Blood Clots, and broken veins

Craig, I really enjoyed visiting with you and Kim in NJ. As for the echo, who told you about the clots on leads? If it was the doctor, call back and ask what the implications are and what he or she plans to do about it. Tell them also about the broken blood vessel. Can you remember any injury, even slight? If it was not the doctor who told you about the clots, call the doctor and explain what you were told, then ask what it all means and what is planned from there. Hope you get a reasonable explanation soon. Keep us posted. Linda

Comment

Hi Linda, we enjoyed seeing you too! Dr. Sharrid did the echo and told me about the clots. I will find out today, 6-23 what to do. I will keep you posted, take care, Craig
      Hello, I`m Craig, I have H.O.C.M. and I`m making the most of my life with my daughter and my wife!!!

Comment

Craig,
        I guess the test went OK last week, which I am very glad to hear!
        I would guess you will be looking at blood thinners to help avoid this from happening again.
        Be well and I know you at in my thoughts!
        Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hello all, I have been put on coumadin, 7.5mg. and Dr. Sherrad also found a hole in the top of my heart, between the right and left sides. I`ll keep you posted, bye

Comment

Life is an adventure aint it!

Many people have holes...if he does not feel the need to repair it I would not worry about it too much.

The blood thinners are going to take some getting use to but you'll be fine

Take care! (oh thats an order,,not a request )
            Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Currently not obstructed

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, you`re the best!!!

Comment

Ya know those reading this may think I am being a brat with my last post to Craig...but he knows What I mean

Later!
                Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Just an FYI I thought I would share. As some of you know, my husband, Chuck, died in April due to a blood clot to the lung after his myectomy. I talked with his cardiologist yesterday and while they are not sure where the clot came from, they did find clots on his defib leads. He said it's quite unusual to have clots on the leads--so just thought I'd pass that along so if you have this, you can pursue measures to keep from forming large, life-threatening clots.
                  Roxann

Comment

Roxann,
                    You bring up a good point and I will follow it up with this:
                    IF you have any symptoms such as vision problems, numbness, confusion, severe headache CALL THE DOCTOR.
                    I had my stroke in 1990 and honestly I had NO CLUE it was a stroke (OK I was 21 yrs old). My symptoms started as numbness in my left forearm and hand...then left face... then a headache (ok more like an ice-pick being stabbed into my head over and over for hours and hours). These symptoms came on slowly - from 1st symptom to the getting to the hospital was over 3 weeks!
                    Mine was an embolic stroke from the endocarditis.... so I actually had several mini-strokes or TIA (transient ischemic attacks) in that 3 weeks. I am so luck NOT to be more damaged then I am - loss of vision in my upper left eye, seizures and some left sided weakness... but I do think I am lucky.
                    Watch for signs and act on them.
                    Best to all,
                    Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                    X