If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Coast Clinic?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Richard Nelsen Find out more about Richard Nelsen
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Coast Clinic?

Hi folks its been awhile since I have had the pleasure of reading and writing here but you all have never been far from my thoughts. I just went in for my second checkup since my resection of the bladder cancer and I was happy to hear that so far I'm still free from tumors. YEEAH! Now my mind can start to shift back to my HCM and hopefully get that squared away i.e. alcohol or myectomy. Last I was here there was some talk of a clinic being started for us folks on the west coast? Has there been any progress on this? I sure hope so for it would make a difficult situation for many of us a little easier. If anyone of you have any information on this would you please let me know? I HAVE to get something done soon as even my simple tasks are becoming more and more difficult, even getting up or tieing my shoes have to be well thought out with. I know that many of you suffer the same. Thanks for your time Rick
    \"A Misty Morning Does Not Signify A Cloudy Day\'

Re: West Coast Clinic?

Rick, Thanks for the update, so happy for you and will continue to pray for no further probs with the tumors. I'm not sure where we are with a West Coast Clinic, but Lisa may have some info. Linda

Comment

Stanford...thats the new HCM clinics soon to be location! However the doctor that is going to be getting things organized is not yet relocated there...I think we should be seeing some action by September... when I know more so will all of you!
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa Salberg
        Stanford...thats the new HCM clinics soon to be location! However the doctor that is going to be getting things organized is not yet relocated there...I think we should be seeing some action by September... when I know more so will all of you!
        Lisa
        That makes me smile Lisa! Tell them to hurry hurry hurry, I hope to be among the first to sign up. Please let me know the details so I can be at the top of the list!!!! Is there anybody that I could talk to to arrange things so that I'm squared away on my end when they are prepared? I'm looking forward to hearing from you . Thanks Rick

Comment

I promise to tell you ASAP!! In fact I am going to tell the doc to check on the site and see how needed he is and to get going ASAP!
          I do know he is moving from the east coast....so we must let him buy a house and get settled.
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I have drawn my # and I am patiently waiting near the front of the line... I just hope that it does'nt start raining...Rick

Comment

I hope he is making alot of $$$$ because housing prices out here are out of control, esp. for someone from the east coast. We just bought a house out here in L.A., and after we close, we may not be able to eat again for several years! Oh well, at least I may lose some weight!
              Daughter of Father with HCM
              Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
              Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
              ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
              Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Put me at the top of that list too. After I lose some weight I just may march my way down there. The east coast has it's positive's but there's no place like home. There's no place like home. Oops I'm missing my ruby slippers.

Diana in smell the roses Oregon.

Comment

Rick,

I'm a little late replying to your original post, but i sure am glad to hear that your cancer check-ups continue to be negative! I am a cancer survivor as well, and next month it will be three years with still no signs of another tumor (mine was kidney cancer). Woo hoo!

I don't know about you, but the first two checkups after my surgery were the hardest for me. I just KNEW that dang tumor was going to come back somewhere else in my body! Or worse yet, they would surely discover that i was actually riddled with cancer and the one on my kidney was just the tip of the iceberg. Or maybe the doctor sneezed while handling the little sucker and part of it broke off and is currently even as we speak attached to my brainstem and growing larger by the minute. LOL. The things that go through one's head! Rest assured, none of these has been the case

I still get the shakes a few days before my semi-annual checkups, but am always so relieved when i come out with a good report, knowing that now ALL i have to deal with is the HCM. Funny world, ain't it?

You've got the worst part out of the way already, and i hope it's nothing but smooth sailing for you from here on in! Our odds just get better and better with each good checkup

Jim
                  "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X