If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations Lisa and the HCMA

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

paix Find out more about paix
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Lisa and the HCMA

Hello all,

All I can say is WOW! My husband and I got back late last night from the HCMA conference and the first thing I wanted to do when I got up this morning was to congratulate Lisa and everyone involved on the fantastic conference this weekend. The panel of speakers provided so much fabulous information and cleared up so much confusion, and it was so great to meet all the positive, supportive people of the HCMA. I hope everyone is as motivated and encouraged as I am! And those who couldn't be there, watch the video!

Thanks for letting me share my two cents,
    Elizabeth

Re: Congratulations Lisa and the HCMA

Ditto to everything Elizabeth said - it was great! Even though I was there, I'm going to purchase the video and watch it again!

Thanks Lisa and the HCMA staff for putting it all together and thanks to the panel of experts for sharing your information and taking time out of your busy schedules to talk to us.

Karen

Comment

Lisa, how do we purchase the video?? How much??
      Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
      So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
      Good luck and stay well.
      Glen

Comment

Glen, they will edit the video in the next few weeks. I think the video will probably be available in DVD form in August or so. I don't think they know how much they will charge yet, but Lisa will probably get back to you in a day or two. She had such an exhausting week last week on top of the meeting that I think she'll take a couple of days off. When she gets back on here I expect her to explode with info!

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Thanks Reenie
          Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
          Good luck and stay well.
          Glen

Comment

Hello!

Yes we did have a wonderful meeting and I want to thank EVERYONE that made it happen...the Doctors, Speakers, family, friends those of us with HCM, the staff of the HCMA (BIG THANKS TO KELLY!), my family and the staff of the Westin.
            BRAVO ALL AROUND!

If you missed it let me give you a few stats:
            1. This was the largest meeting ever over 110 participants and speakers!
            2. The speakers were the BEST ever!
            3. The questions asked on the floor were of such high quality the doctors felt as if they were at a medical conference NOT a patients meeting!
            4. The support and friendship was EVERYWHERE.

This years meeting was dedicated to the memory of my father in law Jack Salberg who passed away on Thursday June 5, 2003 - Jack was laid to rest on Sunday June 9, 2003 with an HCMA pin close to his heart. Jack was a previous volunteer at many HCMA functions. He will be missed by so many..but a man this sweet can never be forgotten.

Adam and I would like to thank all of you who offered you sympathy and well wishes at the meeting, it meant a great deal to us both.

Next years meeting is in the works as we speak! We hope for a bigger turn out ..our goal is 175 (OK Dr. B. Maron thinks we can hit 200...lets see what happens!)

Best wishes,
            Lisa
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

What an incredible time we had meeting wonderful people and learning so much about HCM! I will second that "WOW" !!

If you are interested, click below to view some pictures from New Jersey.

HCMA Picture Gallery

Enjoy!
              Thanks, Tim
              Forum Administrator

Comment

Tim,
                The picures look great... just note the TIME of the pictures! The one of Lynn, Reenie and I was taken at MIDNIGHT ! Please note the time of this post...I just got moving about 2 hours ago

Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                Currently not obstructed

Comment

I would like to be put on the list to be notified about the DVD when available! Everything sounds wonderful and it was great to see the pictures. I feel like I know each of you. Great job to everyone!
                  Sheryl
                  HOCM

Comment

RE the DVD... Reenie was right...
                    I need to get the proofs - do some editing - then burn the DVD's
                    This is going to take a few weeks to get done...
                    I will be taking orders soon so I have an idea of how many to make. I expect delivery around August.

Keep your eyes open for more information.

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Tim, thanks for the pics, they were great, was nice to see some faces to put with the names.
                      Good luck and stay well.
                      Glen

Comment

wow thanx for the pics they were awsome and hey i want on the dvd list also. after looking at the pictures i now know why we allways get told"but you dont look sick". any how it looked like everyone was having a great time and maybe i can come next year .Rich
                        Allways remember you cannot control the wind!!
                        However you can adjust your sails!!

Comment

I have added many pictures to the area that Tim set up. Enjoy them!

I am still wondering about that butterfly.. I guess Lori was really with us all!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Feel free to add your own comments to any of the pictures on that site. Just click on the picture to view the "normal" view and then click the link at the bottom of the page to add your comments.

The "slideshow" feature is cool too!

Enjoy!
                            Thanks, Tim
                            Forum Administrator

Comment

Great job, Tim! Linda

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X