If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

urgent message from Lisa

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Re: urgent message from Lisa

Thank you all for you thoughts, prayers and kind words. Jack was laid to rest yesterday. He was a great man with a caring heart, he will be missed.
    Adam and I are overwhelmed with emotions when we see the amount of support we have. We know our "family" is very large as it includes so many of you. Please know we feel the love and support of each of you...although some of you are on the other side of the world..it feels like you are all here with us.

Please know my entire family thanks you.

Sincerely,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• annamc
    replied

I just came back to this site today and have read this whole thread. I am very sorry to hear of this news about your father in law. I will put you in my prayers. May you find the comfort you need at this time and the time to relax in the midst of this trying time.

My prayers are with you and God Bless, Anna

Leave a comment:

• kathyn2
    replied

Lisa, I haven't logged on in a while and just found your message today about your ill father in law. He and your whole family is in my prayers. I am very sorry to hear this. may the Lord bless you all. Kathy

Leave a comment:

• Lee
    replied

Hey, don't tell anyone I am a sweet person.

It would ruin my reputation.

It's just that Lisa is one of my heros.

Lee

Leave a comment:

• RG
    replied

Lisa and Adam

Ever since I saw this board about a month ago, I have felt being a member of your extended family. A few years ago, my own father-in-law was also in a similar condition due to cancer. Being on the other side of the globe, I and my immediate family cannot do anything physically, but we join you both for peace and prayers. Both of you are brave persons. Take care.

RG

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied

Lisa, I don't know how to do it, but some way, we have to hold you to this - MONDAY IS SLEEP DAY! Take care, see you later today. Linda

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied

Lee, you sound like such a sweet person! I can't wait to meet you. You're right, though. I've been thinking the same thing.

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• Lee
    replied
    Another philosophical musing from Lee

Organizations like HCMA matter because they are the way we stay connected to each other at difficult times.

Initially I planned to attend this weekend's event because Lisa was organizing it. I know that Lisa-organized events run smoothly. I always learn a lot.

Now I have a better reason for coming: showing up is an expression of support for the Salbergs. Lisa, when you see me there, know that it is my attempt to support you guys.

That is fitting. Supporting others, like the Salbergs, is why I joined HCMA in the first place.

Lee Tilson

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

Thank you all.
    I will make use of all offers to help out this weekend. Thanks so much for all of the very kind and caring words. I will be focused this weekend and will not likely feel the full effects until Monday - on which day I plan to sleep.

you are all wonderful and I will never forget how supportive you all have been!

Sincerely,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• StewK
    replied

Lisa,

I will say prayers for yur father-in-law, you and your family. If there is anything I can do on Frdiay, just let me know. Please find some way to get some rest.

Stew Krug

Leave a comment:

• DLCC2
    replied

Lisa to you and your family, may you and Jack and the entire family be comforted and held, in a peace that passes all understanding. May you be lifted up with the angels to rest & rejoice in Jack's arrival into Heaven. May your grief at the loss of his earthly presence, over time, be transformed by the remembrance of the gift of time you had with him on this little blue ball spinning in space we call earth.

With admiration and sincere respect,

Diana & Mike

P.S. Lisa you are such a giver please take time to be comforted and to grieve.

Leave a comment:

• Ellen
    replied

Lisa..

If there is anything that I can do for you and your family, please let me know. Tell Adam that his dad is in our thoughts and prayers....his mom too! Let me know if anything needs to get done before Friday pm. Call me on my cell if Im not home.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

Lee,
    You are so very sweet and I can not wait for everyone to meet you at the meeting.
    I will let you know wha I need once I figure it out.

Jack is still holding on. Yesterday he was very still all movement has stopped and his B/P was begining to fall.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it should be over soon and Jack will be at peace. I know one thing for sure, when he goes we will have one of the "good guys" looking over us!

Peace to all,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Lee
    replied
    Lisa, Let us help you the way you help us.

Every time I think my to-do list is overwhelming and that no one could finish it, Lisa manages to juggle a list three times as big with seemingly no effort.

Lisa, you are amazing. Just remember the rest of us cannot keep up with you.

How you can manage this national meeting, a job, and the family situation is amazing. To do all that with your effortless grace is ... well I have now run out of superlatives to describe you.

Please delegate one thing to me to make your life easier this weekend. It need not be glamorous. It can be anything from an insignificant errand to jumping over large buildings.

You have done so much for me in recent months that mattered, really mattered and made a huge difference to my son's health. You may have saved his life. You certainly improved his prognosis.

Let me do something for you. Let me try to be the kind of friend to you that you have been to all the rest of us when we have had problems.

It must be an enormous comfort to your father in law to have you near him now, and to know that you will be near his son.

It has been an enormous comfort to me to have a friend like you in my life.

Thanks for being there for my son when we needed you.

I am here for your family in any way I can be.

How may I help you?

Leave a comment:

• mjesaitis
    replied

It was almost a year ago that my dad left us under similar circumstances. He was on his deathbed a week after we found out he had cancer. Although it was a difficult time, he was comfortable and it was nice to be able to tell him how much we loved him and to say goodbye. Almost all of his family were able to be with him at the time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Matt

Leave a comment:

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X