If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

urgent message from Lisa

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent message from Lisa

Hello all,
    I know you will all be very supportive and kind after reading this post so let me thank you all in advance.
    My Father-in-law has fallen into a coma - he is in end stage cancer. Many of you have been through similar situations and know that now is time for me to be with my family. I will not be monitoring the board for the next few days and I ask that my moderators please be aware that I will not be responding so please keep up on the new posts.
    I know you will keep my Father-in-law in your thoughts and prayers. His name is Jack, and he is just about the most wonderfully kind person I have ever known.

Thank you all,

Lisa and Adam
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: urgent message from Lisa

Sorry for your uncle Jack, best of luck to him and your family during the trying times ahead.
    Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
    So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
    Good luck and stay well.
    Glen

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire family during this challenging time, please let us know if there is anything that you need.

Lynn & Tim
      Lynn Stewart
      HOCM 4/2002
      Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Lisa,
        I'm so sorry. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
        Roxann

Comment

Dear Lisa,
          My love and prayers go out to you and your family. May you all be comforted in this transitional time. You and Adam and your family and most importantly, your father-in-law and Adams father, Jack, remain in my prayers today. May Jack be at peace and all the family members be comforted with the love that surrounds him.

Love and Blessings,
          Sharon

Comment

Lisa, our love and prayers are with you all. Linda

Comment

Lisa, my prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. take care

Cynthia
              \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Lisa, my prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. take care

Cynthia
                \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by SharonBates
                  Dear Lisa,
                  My love and prayers go out to you and your family. May you all be comforted in this transitional time. You and Adam and your family and most importantly, your father-in-law and Adams father, Jack, remain in my prayers today. May Jack be at peace and all the family members be comforted with the love that surrounds him.

Love and Blessings,
                  Sharon
                  Sharon put my feelings so eloquently that I'll just say the same thing. Take care of your family first. We'll be fine.

Reenie
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                  3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Dear Lisa,

Blessings & love to you, Adam, your families, and friends. May all that you share now strengthen you for the future.

Pat

Comment

Thank you all.
                      Jack was alert for just a few moments today...he knew we were there and smiled at us. His life was his family and we were all there.
                      He is still hanging on...although I do not know for how long. I will be getting a little sleep and back to him in the morning.

Your thoughts and good wishes are with me... It is so nice to have this extended family.

Please say a prayer for Jack...it is our hope that soon he will be at rest...we know there is a special place for such a special man.

warmest regards,

Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                      Currently not obstructed

Comment

Good morning,
                        Jack had a quite night. He is still with us but has drifted into a deep "sleep" or coma - we can not be very sure at this point.
                        I wanted to tell you all how wonderful hospice care is and how happy our family is to be able to care for Jack at home, with his family around him and where he loves to be.
                        Who knows what the day has in store...I just know he is comfortable, peaceful and very loved.
                        For those wondering what is going on with the meeting...All is going as planned. Jack had been at the 5 previous HCMA meetings as a volunteer with the children...he knows what the HCMA meeting means to so many people and he would want it to go on. Jack LOVED education, friends and family...what better way to honor him but to go one with this very special meeting.
                        Wishing you all peace,
                        Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

It was almost a year ago that my dad left us under similar circumstances. He was on his deathbed a week after we found out he had cancer. Although it was a difficult time, he was comfortable and it was nice to be able to tell him how much we loved him and to say goodbye. Almost all of his family were able to be with him at the time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Matt

Comment

Lisa, Let us help you the way you help us.

Every time I think my to-do list is overwhelming and that no one could finish it, Lisa manages to juggle a list three times as big with seemingly no effort.

Lisa, you are amazing. Just remember the rest of us cannot keep up with you.

How you can manage this national meeting, a job, and the family situation is amazing. To do all that with your effortless grace is ... well I have now run out of superlatives to describe you.

Please delegate one thing to me to make your life easier this weekend. It need not be glamorous. It can be anything from an insignificant errand to jumping over large buildings.

You have done so much for me in recent months that mattered, really mattered and made a huge difference to my son's health. You may have saved his life. You certainly improved his prognosis.

Let me do something for you. Let me try to be the kind of friend to you that you have been to all the rest of us when we have had problems.

It must be an enormous comfort to your father in law to have you near him now, and to know that you will be near his son.

It has been an enormous comfort to me to have a friend like you in my life.

Thanks for being there for my son when we needed you.

I am here for your family in any way I can be.

How may I help you?
                            [email protected]

Detroit, Michigan
                            Proud father of Andy, Meaghan, and Sean

medical research:
                            http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed

www.vivisimo.com

Laugh:
                            http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/top_ten/

Comment

Lee,
                              You are so very sweet and I can not wait for everyone to meet you at the meeting.
                              I will let you know wha I need once I figure it out.

Jack is still holding on. Yesterday he was very still all movement has stopped and his B/P was begining to fall.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it should be over soon and Jack will be at peace. I know one thing for sure, when he goes we will have one of the "good guys" looking over us!

Peace to all,
                              Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X