If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mended Hearts

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Pat Find out more about Pat
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mended Hearts

An effort is being made here in Yuma to start a chapter of Mended Hearts. I'm considering whether I want to get involved or not.

I know it is affiliated with AHA, an organization which has not put forth much effort to inform the public about HCM nor shown much interest in HCM when approached for assistance or support. (This impression I have gotten from reading postings here, rather than from my own experience.)

Please tell me about any experiences you have had with Mended Hearts. Thanks!

Pat

Re: Mended Hearts

Pat, Lisa has been brainstorming with a few organizations, trying to develope ways we can pool certain efforts to become more effective on mutual goals. I know she will have some thoughts to offer you, but she is having a family emergency right now (see her posting), so give her some time to get back with you. Meanwhile, we'll see what we learn from others who have had contact with this organization. Linda

Comment

I'm "refreshing" this topic. It looks to me like no one has had any experiences--good, bad, or mediocre--with Mended Hearts.

Not even any of you who have had myectomies or other cardiac surgeries?

And, Lisa, Linda thought you might have some comments. If you do I'd love to hear them!

Pat

Comment

Pat, Lisa posted that she is at Tufts today. She should be back with you on this soon. Linda

Comment

Hi Pat,

When I was in Cleveland Clinic for my myectomy, I received a visit from a representative of the Mended Hearts chapter at CCF. The poor grandfatherly looking gentleman took one look at me (33 years old at the time) and thought there must be a mistake. He was prepared to discuss the life-style changes necessary after by-pass surgery and I was obviously not what he expected to see! I'm not sure he had ever heard of HCM or even myectomy. He and I had a good laugh at the whole situation and he wished me well. That was my experience with Mended Hearts.

Elizabeth
          Last edited by paix; 03-16-2006, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X