If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golfing Success!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfing Success!

Well, I just rolled back home and WOW what a day we had!
    The weather could not have been better!!! After about a week of rain here in NJ we worried...but Lori let the sun shine down today...ALL sun and 75-80 degrees all day!!

It was so nice to meet Howard...who had a great day himself... taking home some really great prizes (including a NEW set of clubs, an autographed Nets Basket ball and more!)

We set a record, although the final #'s will take a day or 2 to tally... but it looks like we hit over $10,000!!!

Thank you to everyone who made this possible - My dad(Larry), sister(Lynn), niece(Stacey), nephew(John), brother-in-law (Kevin), Mom (Anne), Brother (Larry), BIG thanks to Ellen and Kelly! BIGGER thanks to our volunteers Lynnette and Micheal!!!

To all our sponsors, golfers, members, doctors....THANK YOU ALL!

Lori - we all toasted in your memory today...we all still love you very much and we know because of YOU we are here today!
    We look forward to next years Lori Anne Flanigan Memorial Golf Outing and hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
    A very tired...Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Golfing Success!

Wow!! What a great success.

And what a lot of work your whole family must have put into it. What a way to honor the memory of Lori. I'm so pleased that so much money was raised to help continue your good work.

Sue

Comment

Congratulations on another great success! Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it happen, Linda

Comment

A big thank you to the HCMA members who helped make the day a success by participating in the golf outing, sponsoring holes, and/or providing prize donations. To our two members from Mickey land, those Disney Tickets were a hot item.

During the dinner Lisa shared a story with the golfers about a family who turned to the HCMA a couple years ago to find help for their young son. They were directed to an HCM expert who determined the son to be a high risk candidate and implanted a defib. The boy has been doing fine for two years and then a couple weeks ago he had an episode which triggered his defib. The defib saved his life. His family most likely never would have never known about the need for a defib without the involvement of the HCMA. The majority of the golfers participate because they know its a good cause and a fun day. However, they don't really understand what HCM is or what the HCMA is really about. But, I think many of them really started to understand how important their support is to the HCMA when they heard that story. I think a few more wallets were opened to buy more raffle tickets after that story. The golfers, sponsors, and prize donors all are owed a great big thank you from all of the members of the HCMA and participants of this message board. On next year's golf outing brochure it would be great to include a few quotes from the members as to what the HCMA means to them and what the Golf Outing means to them.

It was a great day for all. Keep in mind it rained on Saturday, Sunday, again on Tuesday and again Today. But Monday was sunny and perfect. Lori must have been watching over us!!!! The course was a little soggy. But everyone still had a great time.

Lynn Perry

Comment

Lisa:

It was so great to meet you on Monday. My friends and I had a great time and plan to come back next year. Keep up the great work. I plan on seeing you on Saturday, if not please let me know what I need to send you for a DVD copy.

Thanks Again,

Howie

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X