If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you


No announcement yet.

Specialists in Australia?


About the Author


maxholman Find out more about maxholman
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Specialists in Australia?

    Hi, me again..... I got such a great response last time I though I would come back!

    After reading the reponses to my last post, asking about often feeling tired and 'hungover', I want to try to find a specialist to get some proper information and help.

    I haven't been in Australia long, and I cant seem to find anyone on the Internet, apart from general cardiologists and the likes..

    Does anyone know of a specialist in Australia (preferably Brisbane or QLD) - or could someone point me in the right direction?

    Here's hoping!


  • #2
    Re: Specialists in Australia?


    Lisa may know of a specialist in Australia but she will only be on the board sporadically this week. I'm sure she'll get with you as soon as she can. There are others from Australia here at the HCMA, but I don't know how often they access the board. Good luck with your search.


    Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.


    • #3
      Re: Specialists in Australia?

      Hi Max, Untill Lisa gets back to you, have you tried the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association of Australia Inc. ? The address is 3 Mona Street, Seaford Victoria, Australia 3198. They probably have a phone number but it wasn't included on the internet. It said : Send @ mail-david [email protected] Attention: David Abbott President. Maybe this will help in the meantime. Good luck. Pam
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin


      • #4
        Re: Specialists in Australia?

        Thank you both. I will see if I can get some info from the CMAA.

        I will try to post what I find out from them, just in case anyone else in Australia needs the same info!



        • #5
          Re: Specialists in Australia?

          Hi all,

          I will post this here, just for reference if anyone is looking for the same info I needed.

          The Cardiomyopathy Association of Australia have a website, with all contact numbers for every State. The lady in QLD I spoke to was really helpful, and recommended a local specialist. She also mentioned that they have regular meetings for sufferers, where they sometimes invite cardiologists to talk etc....

          The website is http://www.cmaa.org.au

          Phone numbers for each state are under the State Contacts menu, and scheduled Meetings are listed on the Events page.



          Today's Birthdays