If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah As Moderator

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Sarah Find out more about Sarah
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah As Moderator

Dear HCMA family,

I have been moderating the HCMA's message board for over two years now, and before that I was moderating the Cardiomyopathy/Arrhythmias board at iVillage.com for two years before that. You are all very important to me and I've enjoyed being the Moderator here very much.

However, you may have noticed in the last few months that I haven't been posting with my usual verve and frequency. You guys all deserve the best I have to offer, and I don't have it right now to give. So I have decided, after much consideration, to step back from my role as Moderator for a while. I am going to go cold turkey on the board entirely for a bit--in part because I'm going on vacation in a couple days and won't have access to a computer --and partly because I just need to focus on my life right now.

I will not be able to attend the annual meeting this year, either, which is a very mixed blessing. I will be attending a trade show that is vital to my chosen career path, but Lisa has put together the best meeting ever and I'm really looking into getting cloned so I can attend both!

I know I'm leaving you in good hands --Reenie and Pat are very accomplished and have been doing a fine job of moderating the board and I'm know they will continue to do so.

Lisa and I have not set a date for my return, but I'm guessing you should look for me in the fall sometime.

So no one is allowed to be really sick while I'm away --capice?
    Take good care of yourselves and each other and wish me luck!

With thanks and best wishes,

Sarah Beckley

Re: Sarah As Moderator

You will be greatly missed! As an avid reader, your comments and postings have been a blessing to me.

I send you love and light across the virtual world. May your time away bring you great renewal and strength.

Love,
    Sharon Bates

Comment

Sarah, we will miss your insight.

I hope you have a relaxing break and look forward to your coming back with all your knowledge and humor in the fall.
      Michelle - mom to Krista and Tyler both HCM
      Krista surgeries: 3/97 myectomy, 2/99 mitral valve replacement
      Tyler surgery: 1/98 myectomy

Comment

Sarah,We allready miss ya !! Hope you can get everything back where it needs to be and then be able to come back here, even if its in a lesser capacity .Good luck and hope to here from you soon. Rich
        Allways remember you cannot control the wind!!
        However you can adjust your sails!!

Comment

Sarah, I totally understand. I'll miss you, but you take care of yourself and focus on yourself for a while. We'll be here when you get back.

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Sarah and I had a nice talk last night and I know I speak for all of us when I wish her a nice "break". Sarahs thoughts and insight have provided a great deal of help to so many.
            As I said to Sarah - this is "our community" and she is a big part of that. I do hope to see her here as a visitor gathering support and encouragement from the rest of us.

Enjoy your trip, relax and have a nice time!
            Please know that you are always welcomed to return to your position as moderator.

Be well...and BIG HUGS!

Lisa
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Sarah--You have done and wonderful job and will be missed. Best wishes on things going the way you want them to. We'll be looking for you to come back in the Fall. Sue

Comment

Sarah,

I'll miss ya sweetie! Most of all because in your posts you tend to shoot straight from the hip just like i do. It's refreshing to see that from another person, even though sometimes i know people would love to get their hands around my throat and say 'jim, what the heck are you saying?'. I have always appreciated your candor.

Take good care of yourself

Jim
                "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Thanks, everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, Jim, I think there are a few people who will be very happy to see me take a break for that very reason!

by the way --if anyone has PM'ed me, I'm not getting them. You can e-mail me at [email protected] (unless Tim disabled the address?).

Thanks again!

S

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah
                    by the way --if anyone has PM'ed me, I'm not getting them. You can e-mail me at [email protected] (unless Tim disabled the address?)
                    That email address should still work.
                    Thanks, Tim
                    Forum Administrator

Comment

Sarah, you've done a great job and we will all miss you. Thanks for all you've done. Have a great vacation, and we'll talk soon, Linda

Comment

Note: e-mail works (thanks, Tim!) and PM seems to be ok now too.

Don't worry, I'll stop by and pester you all from time to time.

S

Comment

You'll be deeply missed. Thanks for all of your help and support.

Have a great vacation!
                          HOCM, Septal Myectomy 10/02 (Mayo Clinic), Medtronic ICD 10/07, TIA 10/07

Comment

Sarah, take care of yourself, we'll miss you and hope to see u back soon.
                            Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                            So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                            Good luck and stay well.
                            Glen

Comment

Sarah, I will miss you and your information and insights, too! I've been gone a few days and am just now reading the Board. As I read through this topic (I can never remember the "correct" term for a string of postings about the same thing!), I found myself thinking I'm glad to be part of such a warm and accepting family as we are here. Taking time off for oneself is expected and honored. No one makes an attempt to claim another's energies. And we welcome new folks and returnees without rancor.

Do you realize how uncommon that is in today's world???? Are we great for each other or what???

Pat

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X