If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lisa out of office while at NASPE

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa out of office while at NASPE

Hello everyone!
    Just a fast update to you all. I will be out of town at the NASPE meeting in Washington DC from 5/14-5/17. I am not sure how often I will be able to get on the board to check in...but will do my best to be here at least one time per day.
    There will be help in the office to assist with your calls and get messages to me if anyone needs something ASAP.
    Be well!
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Lisa out of office while at NASPE

Hello - I am back from NASPE!
    While there was not a great deal of new information shared at NASPE about HCM in general there were some interesting changes in attitudes!
    It is now very clear that amoung the EP's it is agreed that EP testing has little to no value in HCM. This is a welcomed change of attitude as many docs had thought that ICD's were only needed in the event of a "positive EP test"..now it is clear that EP tests are not clear in HCM and a positive or negative test has little if any value.
    Further I spent a great deal of time with some other organizations with similar objectives to the HCMA - - we are looking into some joint efforts that will help us all! When I know more I will share that with you.
    We had many visitors to the booth that were happy to see us and share with us there stories about how the HCMA helped there patients!
    As you can well imagine Linda Price and I had a very long 3 days in Washington and I know I speak for both of us when I say...there is no place like home!
    Be well,
    Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa -

Is there any sort of an abstract or published synopsis of this assertion from the NASPE meeting?

I might like to send it to my original cardiologist whose EP partner was recommending an EP study for me (which thanks to you, I declined).

This is yet another example of where the HCMA set me on the right path!

Thanks again!
      Daughter of Father with HCM
      Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
      Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
      ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
      Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

The EP issue was one of conversation in the HCMA booth - not a presentation. While I am sure there are still docs that will want to go ahead with an EP test - the overwhelming majority agree it has no purpose in the average HCM patient.
        Did you see Dr. Cannom yet?

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

I am going this afternoon. It is still only 11 a.m. over here on the west coast. First, I have to take my son Jesse to a toddler class!

I did type out a list of symptoms and dates and medications I was on to try to help figure out what we should do. I will report back tonight.
          Daughter of Father with HCM
          Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
          Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
          ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
          Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X