If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while about my situation Everything seems to have done a 180 !

I started back to work on Thursday. That was a huge emotional boost for me. A friend loaned me some money to cover some bills and best of all I am feeling absolutly Great!
    I have not felt this well since before I was diagnosed last year.

I have also learned a lot of my limits including turning down an opening crew position at Mission Space. The biggest new attraction to hit Disney in years! I don't need the extra stress that comes with opening a major attraction so I choose the back up team. Which for those who know me is a big step because I have never admitted something might be to hard for me.

So I guess all in all these last two months were worth taking off!
    Thank to everyone for all of their thoughts and prayers,

Mary S.

Re: Good news!

Dear Mary,

That is awesome! I'm very, very glad things are looking up. Give me a call when you have time to catch up.

S

Comment

Mary, It's so nice to read your happy post! Been praying for you and thinking about you overtime. What's happening with school? Linda

Comment

Nice to hear good news! You never struck me as too much of a space cadet anyway, and I know space cadets! My family is loaded with 'em!! Right Lisa???
        Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Mary, I'm so happy for you. I hope that all falls into place for you now.
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Linda,
            As far as school is concerned it is going well! I had one of my finals tonigt and my other one tomorrow. I get a whopping one week of summer break and then the next session starts easy classes though developmental psych and ethics for medical professionals. I am doing the telecourses hoping it will be a little less stressful! The reason I am doing the summer courses is because I got an $800 scholarship. I don't turn down free money! I also should be starting the nursing program in January if all goes like it is now!

Mary

Comment

Hi Mary, I am so glad you are doing better. And very happy about the scholarship. Have a great summer all week of it. I am very glad that you have turned down the extra work. You are taking the first steps to taking charge of your health and well-being. keep up the great work.
              Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Mary I'm so, so, more than happy for you. Some of your prayers have been answered and you came out of this experience a smarter and stronger person. Good for you. Go seize the days!

Diana

Comment

Hi Mary,

Good to hear your feeling much better.

I am just finishing up developmental psychology and anatomy and physiology II and get 2 whole weeks for before the summer session where I'll be taking Microbiology. What fun! I wanted to tell you developmental psychology isn't too hard, but a lot of reading and writing! I hope your's goes well.

Take care.
                  Michelle - mom to Krista and Tyler both HCM
                  Krista surgeries: 3/97 myectomy, 2/99 mitral valve replacement
                  Tyler surgery: 1/98 myectomy

Comment

I am glad to hear you are feeling well! TAKE IT SLOW and you will get back up to speed sooner then if you try to "run".
                    FYI Larry's little jab...When I was like 6 my big bad brother took my on this new ride at disney.."space mountian" (nobody told me it was a rollar coaster!!!!!!!!) Well I attempted to jump OUT of the ride in the middle! Larry had to hold me down. I will tell you that I had a whole lot of strenght within that fear... I gave my big brother a run for his money! He was 17 I was 6 and I almost got out!

So it was many years before I ever attempted a coaster of any kind again!

So Mary there is a little story you can take back to work (this happened in Feb. of the 1st year the ride was open 1974 I think??)

Be well!
                    Lisa
                    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                    Currently not obstructed
                    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Good for you, Mary - the scholarship is great, Linda

Comment

Actually Lisa, I almost threw you out of the space mountain ride because you were so scared I thought you were going to wet your pants.....and you were kinda sitting on my lap! It probably didn't help much that I was screaming a loud as you were.
                        Anyway, at the end of the ride, the thing I remember most was all 3 foot 3 inches of you, jumping straight up and grabbing my 5 foot 11 inch neck and holding on for dear life, almost choking me in the process. I swear that if there was an NBA scout there, you would have been drafted. Your standing vertical leap would have made Michael Jordon jealous.
                        Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Oh, Lisa. I can just envision it!!!

Reenie
                          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Lisa can't be all that short, after all there is a line she has to be taller than to get on the ride.
                            Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                            So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                            Good luck and stay well.
                            Glen

Comment

Well maybe I was 4 foot tall but I was only 6 years old! What were they thinking to let me on that thing!!!
                              I am "much" taller now just ask Bob Harwell... who must be a full foot taller then me!

Hey Lar - IF you were yelling what the heck were you thinking to bring me an Brian L on that ride (oh God I remember too much... I think Bo was more upset then ME!)

Lisa
                              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                              Currently not obstructed
                              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
                              X