If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi everbody

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

blueway20 Find out more about blueway20
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everbody

hi im deniz from Turkey,istanbul.im 20 years old.its my first massage.3 months ago i went to doctor and he said me im hcmo.first i didnt know what is it.then i learned by reading and asking.then i find this web site.its good for me to find all of you.now i know that i can share illnes and anythng with you.my english is not good but its ok i thnik.nice to meet you all of you..in week i will come and read your massages and learn from you.and i hope that i have lots of thinks learn from you.i hope health be with you..take care..

Re: hi everbody

Hello Deniz. Welcome to the HCMA. Your English is very good. Please read the information on this site, not just the messages. You will learn a lot here. We are glad to have you here.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Deniz, your English is very good. I hope you will be able to read the message board often and get information that will help you. As I told you in our email, 3 months is a very short time and you will have so much to learn and get used to. It will take your doctor a while to help you find the best medicines and treatment to help you. When you post again, please ask some of our members to tell you of their experiences with the treatments your doctor has told you about. People here will be able to help you understand what your doctor has told you and hopefully, that will help remove some of the fear that goes with knowing you have HCM. Was your HCM found in a routine visit to your doctor or were you having problems? Linda

Comment

HI Deniz, welcome to HCMA. I am glad that you found us. You will find lots of help here. I also think your english is great. I hope you will keep in thouch with us. May good health be with you.

Donna
        Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Deniz, I want to ask you a question. Are there any other people in your family who have HCM also? Your mother or your father?

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

not in routine controls.i went and said my friend can run i cant run.when we walk he goes fastly i cant go fastly.i asked why.then he finds in listening hearth(you know i had a bad voice in hearth pıhh pıhh) and see hcma in ecocardiograpy.after that i had angiyo and cardiolog said the best thing is operation.but its not urgent and not hurry-up.then i went to operator doctor and he gives medicals.and said 2 moths later wants to see new ecocardiograpy again.i think he will see the muscle there.now im waiting 2 months later to check up again.when i go doctor i wiil share with you and forum always.how many doctors do you have looking you?my sister has a chance to live in u.s.a.when she goes i want to go and meet you much.do you know if i were in u.s.a i will always look about hcma medicals doctors meetings.but there is no problem now.take care of you

Comment

Deniz, It sounds like your doctor is trying medicines for you now. Are they helping? Many people here have had surgery, and I'm sure someone will be happy to tell you about their surgery and how they feel since the surgery. I'm glad you found out about your HCM and are able to be treated for it. It's frightening when you learn you have a serious heart condition after being so healthy all your life. To the rest of our members, Deniz has emailed me personally and I would like for you all to share some information with him. As you can see, he is not having surgery but he has been given some information about it and would like to talk with someone who has had it done. Thanks to all, Linda

Comment

Dear Deniz,

Welcome to the HCMA and I'm glad you found us!

It is always scary to everyone when they are first diagnosed with HCM or HOCM. The one thing I always say to everyone is this: The VAST majority of HCMers life a full life span. Medicine has advanced signicantly and there is a lot of outdated information on the web and in some doctor's heads about it. The reality is that only about 1% of all HCM patients die suddenly each year.

It sounds like you have good doctors who are watching you and your heart closely. Medicines make a big difference in keeping you well. And, if you do need a myectomy --I guess that is the surgery you mean??? then that will help you a lot, too. There are many people here who've had them and can tell you all about it. They feel a million times better afterwards.

PLease post any and all questions you have here so you can get eveyone's perspective and input --that is what we are here for.

Take care and keep us posted,

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by blueway20
                  not in routine controls.i went and said my friend can run i cant run.when we walk he goes fastly i cant go fastly.i asked why.then he finds in listening hearth(you know i had a bad voice in hearth pıhh pıhh) and see hcma in ecocardiograpy.after that i had angiyo and cardiolog said the best thing is operation.but its not urgent and not hurry-up.then i went to operator doctor and he gives medicals.and said 2 moths later wants to see new ecocardiograpy again.i think he will see the muscle there.now im waiting 2 months later to check up again.when i go doctor i wiil share with you and forum always.how many doctors do you have looking you?my sister has a chance to live in u.s.a.when she goes i want to go and meet you much.do you know if i were in u.s.a i will always look about hcma medicals doctors meetings.but there is no problem now.take care of you
                  When you sister comes to the USA where will she be? There are people from HCMA all over our country. We would love to meet you. Take care of youself.

Reenie
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Welcome to the board, I have been emailing Deniz also...so I will not repost my questions here.

Hey guys isnt this great... not only are we in North America able to share our HCM with others... This is posting is from the other side of the PLANET!
                    God I love the internet!

Lisa
                    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                    Currently not obstructed
                    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                    X