If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need some help

Hey Mary, dang if your not going thru it. You've been in my prayers and there you'll stay.

By the way, how is the money solutions coming. Are you back to work? Why were you in your bosses truck!

Ok, I'm gettin way to personal, sorry. I'm just curious

Diana

Comment

Mary,
      I'm in the middle of applying for disability and you're right, you need to be planning on being out for a year. however, there is TDI, which is temporary disability. As far as organizations that can help you go, I have a great one. My father and his friends started a St Vincent De Paul Chapter over here and what they do, is they help you pay your house payments, electric bills, things like that, until you can get back on your feet. feel free to call my house and inquire (401) 762-6570. Or if you aren't comfortable with that, check and see if you have a st. vincent de paul chapter in your area. They're a great group. Your case sounds exactly like the kind of work they do. Best wishes.

Mike M.
      I\'m a 23 year old male who enjoyed an active lifestyle. I no longer have that luxury, but I am dedicated to finding a way to get it back. Feel free to contact me for any reason.

Comment

I am still working on the financial aspects of all of this but it is coming along slowly but surely. I did get some help thru the department of children and families. I am also making progress from getting help at relief shelters.

As far as passing out in my bosse's truck. It was a cast movie night at one of our theaters in Innoventions. John my boss invited me because I am still part of the team. Anyhow, the walk back to my car was about a mile so he gave me a lift. I got out had chest pain, got dizzy and that is about all I remember until the hospital. John is like my surrogate father. Everytime I have been in the hospital he has been there for me.

It was kinda funny after we found out I was ok he said " It was so much easier taking you to the hospital unconscious because I didn't have to fight you to go".

So there is a more complete explanation!

Mary S.

Comment

MARY!
          what is going on??? Something is not right here???!!!??? I think we need to take a step back here... have you had an event monitor lately?
          What had you eaten, drank and done that day? What meds did you take that day and when? How long were you sitting befor you left the movie?
          PM me back and lets take this apart.

Big hug!
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
          X