If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like Sticky's?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Sarah Find out more about Sarah
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like Sticky's?

I'm wondering if the board is too cluttered with announcements and stickys. This poll is JUST FOR STICKY's. I'll do another one for Annoucements.

S
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

My thoughts ...

I think that the "Announcement" and "Sticky" posts should be limited to what is current information. If there is something that everyone needs to know and remember until further notice, then it should remain as either an "Announcement" or "Sticky". Otherwise, these settings should be turned off after a given amount of time (i.e. a month) or once the information becomes stale.

Just my thoughts ...
    Thanks, Tim
    Forum Administrator

Comment

I agree, Tim. Linda

Comment

Yes, soon we'll have to page thru old announcements and stickys to get to the newest posting.
        If possible why not let them stay a month and then let them slide down by date with the rest of the postings.
        or create an archive that all postings, announcements and stickys go to after there has been no replys for a month or two.
        They could still be found by the search at a later date.
        Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
        So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
        Good luck and stay well.
        Glen

Comment

I don't know if it's possible, but I think Glen's onto something. :P

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Probably the best solution would be to break up the "General (with HCMA Announcements)" forum into two: "General" (open for posting) and "HCMA Announcements" (reply only) which contains all the announcements posted by Lisa and staff. People could still reply with questions and/or comments but could not start new threads. What do you think Lisa?
            Thanks, Tim
            Forum Administrator

Comment

announcements

whoa, whoa, whoa there, Tim. Please don't change anything without permission!

The announcements and stickys can be set to expire after a certain time has gone by already --it is just a matter of using it. Some of us also have the ability to delete and archive posts at will (like me ).

I think it is very important to have announcements where they are. We can certainly trim them down as need be.

S

Comment

For what it's worth...

I think Tim has a great idea in seperating out the announcements and sticky's from the general discussion board.

When i read the announcements, it is usually because i have decided to do just that. Same with the surveys. And when i want to read the various forums, i don't necessarily want to scroll through all of the announcements and sticky's to get to them. I would even go as far as to suggest that all surveys, regardless of topic, be put in one place rather than at the head of their individual discussion area. When people want to read the latest announcements, they go to announcements, when they want to respond to the latest surveys, they go to the survey area. When they want to read and discuss specific topics with each other, they go to that specific forum that they can post and respond to.

But hey, it's just my opinion of course. I'm just tickled to death that we have this website available, period, and thank everyone for their hard work

Jim
                "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Tim didn't say he was changing anything, he's just throwing out suggestions for feedback. Linda

Comment

I like both the announcements and the sticky posts. It doesn't matter to me what heading they go under, but it probably makes more sense to keep them separate.

I agree that the announcements should be current........out with the old and in with the new...less clutter.

I think the sticky posts are wonderful. We are able to poll a large HCM community on different issues, symptoms, etc in a timely, organized fashion. I think thats great!

Karen

Comment

I don't like the idea of a separate board for stickies and announcements. I think they could easily be overlooked. I do like the idea of having them expire after a month or so of inactivity. I don't think it matters if they are archived or not. Just my opinion.
                      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

well

Nothing against Tim, but he _has_ tweaked stuff that was already in the process of being tweaked --I'm just trying to avoid duplication of effort and also, Lisa has not weighed in on this issue and she is the final authority.

S

Comment

Yea I am with Reenie maybe there is some way for them to time -out after 30/60/90days, depending on the sticky and its content . some of them are pertinent to all new members , and some are for "now" . Rich
                          Allways remember you cannot control the wind!!
                          However you can adjust your sails!!

Comment

Thanks all for your input.
                            This is an administrative matter that will be reviewed and your comments will be taken into consideration.
                            If there will be any changes we will advise.
                            Thanks again.
                            Lisa
                            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                            Currently not obstructed
                            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                            X