If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have some abbreviations - What do they mean?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

SheliRenee Find out more about SheliRenee
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some abbreviations - What do they mean?

Hi Everybody -

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what these abbreviations mean. I can guess at some of them, but I would rather be sure

LVd (cm) 2.10 (Normal = 2.5 - 3.2 cm)
    LVs (cm) 0.90 (Normal = 1.5 - 2.2 cm)
    IVSd (cm) 1.10 (Normal = 0.45 - 0.65 cm)
    PWd (cm) 0.90 (Normal = 0.45 - 0.6 cm)
    AoR (cm) 1.80 (Normal = 1.3 - 1.8 cm)
    LA (cm) 2.10 (Normal = 1.8 = 2.6 cm)
    RV 1.00 (Normal = 0.3 - 1.5 cm)
    FS (%) 57 (Normal = 28-44 %)
    EF (%) 92 (Normal = 64-83 %)
    BSA (m2) 0.54 (Normal = 1.45-2.22 m2)

Also - "Trivial regurgitation of the tricuspid valve was present" Is this bad?
    Mom of Keanu
    4 years old (will be in March)
    Dx at 2 days old with Biventricular hypertrophy
    Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM
    Dx at 5 months with V-tach
    Dx at 3 with Noonan Syndrome

Hi. Please check out this link: http://www.4hcm.org/phpBB2/viewtopic...ght=echo+lingo

This will tell you most of what you need to know. As far as the trivial regurgitation goes, that means that the mitral valve leaks a little bit, but it is of no concern. Hope this helps.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Okay - Thanks
      Mom of Keanu
      Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM

Comment

percents

hi

EF is ejection fraction --how much blood is getting pushed out of the heart. I don't know what the other two %s are.

S

Comment

Reenie,

You are so resourceful!

Karen

Comment

Reenie,

The original post indicated the tricuspid valve but your reply stated mitral. I assume a simple mix up eh?

Bob
            Cleveland Myectomy Crew
            Member since November 2002

\"Chance favors the prepared mind!\"

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hartwell
              Reenie,

The original post indicated the tricuspid valve but your reply stated mitral. I assume a simple mix up eh?

Bob
              Bob, you are right. I did goof that up. Had mitral valve on the brain since that's the one that is normally affected by HCM. The regurgitation that SheliRenee's child has doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his HCM. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

Reenie
              Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

If tricuspid valve regurgitation is not normally associated with HCM, is it normal in a person without HCM? Is it something that can get worse or does it usually stay the same (yes, I know that everybody is different, but I'm just talking a general idea here)?

:P
                Valve leaks are common and I would not be overly concerned with this matter.
                Lisa
                Mom of Keanu
                Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM

Comment

Many people will have "trivial regurg" of different valves, but it is never known or documented because there has been no obvious reason to do an echo. If the echo is done, it is the responsibilty of the interpreter to note any abnormal findings, so it will be written on the report if seen. It is not of significance to necessarily require treatment, but once seen, must be noted. I've always clarified with the cardiologist that "trivial" meant the same to both of us, and then there are no unanswered questions. Ask to be sure. Linda

Comment

Re: I have some abbreviations - What do they mean?

Hello,

The link referenced in post #2 of this thread doesn't work and I can't seem to find the info through a search. Is this information still around someplace and I just can't find it?
                    Mitral valve repair and septal myomectomy May 1999 @ 36 yo. No ICD.

Comment

Wow you found an old thread here - this dates back almost 5 years! Boy time flies!

What were you looking for specificly the site has changed a great deal in 5 years, but all the data is still here...somewhere

Lisa
                      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                      Currently not obstructed
                      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I'm trying to decipher my echo report. The OP listed some things on an echo and many of the same abbreviations I see on mine.
                        Mitral valve repair and septal myomectomy May 1999 @ 36 yo. No ICD.

Comment

I'm reposting the thread so you can maybe click on it now. If not, it's titled Echo Lingo and the author was Lisa Salberg. It was originally posted on 2/20/2003. You can search that way too.

http://www.4hcm.org/forums/showthrea...ighlight=lingo
                          Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                          X