If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago dinner was a blast!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago dinner was a blast!

Linda and I just got back to our room after a very nice evening out with some of our HCMA friends! We were happy that Dr. Marty Maron and Dr. Jim Udleson were able to stop by and spend a little time with us.
    The hugs were great...and boy..Bob is tall
    Thanks to Sarah for getting us all together. Hopefully next time we attend a meeting we can get together with those in what ever town we land in.... I think Orlando and New Orleans are on the list for next year...and Washington DC in MAY!
    Terry, Diana, and Bob thanks for joining us!
    Best wishes,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

PS... I am interested to hear Bobs take on the evening... He told me "I was not what he pictured" Lets hear how he gets himself out of this one
    Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Currently not obstructed

Comment

Hey, New Orleans sounds good - that's in my "neck of the woods"!

Glad you guys had a nice time!

D
      HOCM, Septal Myectomy 10/02 (Mayo Clinic), Medtronic ICD 10/07, TIA 10/07

Comment

Wow, and here I though I would be the first to post. Yes dinner was really wonderful. It was very nice to meet everyone and to talk to Drs. Maron and Udleson.

Since I had never met Lisa before, I could only draw a mental picture based on her posts on this board and her writings in the newsletter. I have to admit that she is more funny, charming, warm and witty than I imagined. She also happens to be a bit vertically challenged. Nothing 6" pumps can't fix! Lisa is a very easy person to talk with and I had a really great evening.

Linda, It was great to meet you and talk to you as well.

Bob
        Cleveland Myectomy Crew
        Member since November 2002

\"Chance favors the prepared mind!\"

Comment

Bob your sweet. It was nice to meet your wife too! I also forgot to mention Dianas husband and mom! What a nice night
          Now..off to sleep!
          Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

OK, I just gotta know. Just how tall are Bob and Lisa? Huh???
            Reenie

Husband has HCM.
            3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

hi

You are very welcome. I'm glad everyone had a good time.

Bob could probably play basketball professionally (He is definitely over 6'2" or in that early-mid sixes. Lisa around my height --in the early fives.

off to the conference.

S

Comment

I think Bob said he was 6 foot 4 inches... a full foot and one half inch taller than me!

Off to work...learn...and educate!
                Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

I'm glad you guys had a great time!

How cool would it be for you guys to come to Orlando!

A big thanks to Sarah for the PM! It was exactly what I needed to hear. It is really nice to know that people care as much as you do.

I am really feeling the effects of these medications and I'm getting a bit depressed. I could barely get out of bed yesterday. Hopefully I'll get a call from Dr. Maron tomorrow and get his imput!

Mary s.

Comment

Sarah,

You are too kind with your comment about me playing pro ball. At one time I was considered tall for B-ball, but now, most of the guards are 6'-6". I was never an athlete in high school or college. Given that I probably had HCM since my teens, that might have been a good thing!

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and I do hope, with Sarah's help that we can get a local chapter of HCMA started here in Chicago.

Bob
                    Cleveland Myectomy Crew
                    Member since November 2002

\"Chance favors the prepared mind!\"

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                    X