If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Meeting agenda

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Re: 2003 Meeting agenda

I am off to the meeting!
    I will report back on Monday... I am sure others will too!
    Safe travels to all!
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Lee
    replied

I am very much looking forward to the meeting.

Thanks Lisa.

And tell us how we can help you in this meeting and during the coming year.

Lee Tilson

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied

Lisa, take care of yourself and don't use up all your voice for the golf outing! Looking forward to meeting everyone, Linda

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

With less than one week to go I am not sure WHO is more excited about this meeting...the HCMA, the participants or the speakers!
    This is going to be a wonderful event with a great deal of information FOR ALL!

I spoke to a few of our speakers over the past few days... they are all very excited to meet you all and HEAR what YOU have to say! This is an oppurtunity for "we the patients" to let the researchers know what we need to have a better quality of life... THEY ARE LISTENING!

I look forward to seeing you all next week. I will not be on the board much between now and the meeting so please understand if I do not respond to your posts too quickly!

Be well,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

Looks like we are setting records here!!!!!!!!!!!

This years meeting looks like it will be the biggest EVER! So far it looks like 100 participants! Last year we were at 72! I expect a few last minutes to pop in...so who knows how many we will end up...the more the merrier!

If you have not yet signed up it is NOT TO LATE!

Hope to see you next week!

I am so looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

It is not too late to join us!
    We are expecting between 70-90 members, 8 speakers, and NOW a new addition!!! Zargis Medical a division of Siemens Medical will be on site to allow anyone interested the oppurtunity to participate in a non-invasive new test that will record heart sounds. This new test is pending FDA approval and the company is very interested in its potential application it ability to identify the heart sounds of those with HCM. They have already ID'ed the sounds of those with obstuction. As we know those with obstruction only make up 25-30% of those with HCM, therefore if this test is going to have any value it will need to be able to pick up the sounds of those with NON-obstucted HCM.
    I meet these people in November at the AHA and they are very excited about the oppurtunity to record those with HCM. Recordings will be done in a private solon and take about 10 minutes. You will be given copies of the protocol and consent information at the meeting.

Here at the HCMA we are looking to the future...this test may well be a key to help us uncover many cases of HCM and help big those affected to proper care!

Hope to see you soon!
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• mongo_jones
    replied

hi lisa,

unfortunately i don't have the means to be anywhere as generous but i was thinking that if the doctors have prepared notes, all we would need is a copy of their addresses that could be posted on this site. getting the transcribed q &a later would be a bonus but just getting the addresses themselves would be great.

thanks for all your work!

mongo

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

We are working on this as we speak...a generous member has offered $1,000 toward taping of the meeting - so we may be able to pull this off.
    Any others willing to help out??

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Rich Miller
    replied

Yea Mongo Thats a great question!!Rich

Leave a comment:

• mongo_jones
    replied

dear lisa,

for those of us who can't make it to this wonderful sounding meeting (how i wish i lived in new jersey!) will there be any way to access the text of the doctors' talks later?

thanks a lot!

mongo

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

Please re-read the agenda - changes have been made!

Leave a comment:

• Ellen
    replied

Hi Mike..

If you have not already done so..please send your name and address to us so we can make sure you get notifications about the meeting. Thanks..

Ellen

Leave a comment:

• mikem13
    replied

I'm new to the HCMA community and I'm not quite sure how to post a message, other than replying, that is. I'll work on it. As for the HCMA get together in NJ, count me in! Sounds like a good time. I haven't met anyone that has HCM (besides myself, of course) and so I look forward to being able to ask questions and talk with someone who knows exactly what I mean. Now to find out how to post a message...

Leave a comment:

• Tim Stewart
    replied
    Fyi ...

While you can make reservations online, it looks like you need to contact THE WESTIN MORRISTOWN directly (Phone 973-539-7300) for the discounted rate of $79 / night. Also, the "Rate Plan" for this rate is "HYPERTROPHIC CARDO" as they did not recognize the term "HCMA".

Leave a comment:

• Ellen
    replied
    Hi...

Meeting fee is $35 per person and does not include hotel accomodations. The hotel has given a discounted rate for a block of rooms...just make sure to mention that you are with the HCMA. See you all in June!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X