If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help. Anyone up tonite?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

kathyn2 Find out more about kathyn2
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    PLEASE... if in doubt PLEASE go to the ER not the internet. We know this is a wonderful place for support...but it may be far better to be evaluated to detirmine what is happening...and treat it...
    I hope you are feeling better this morning.
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• kathyn2
    replied
    Yeah, its like you want to sit (or lay) in the ER because they hook you up to that machine that monitors your heart beat. Hopefull if it goes nuts they will do something. But it seemed to me that no one paid attention to it last time anyway. LOL I hope I get some sleep tonite. As much as I like my doctor, I am thinking of getting a new one. His staff stinks. I made it plain that I was having alot of irregular heart beats and to please call back soon and she claimed the nurse would call soon because of the seriousness of my problem. So I waited and waited and waited! This office has like 6 or more cardiologists in it. But they let this jerk take their calls all the time. He doesn't even work there! You would think they would take turns amongst themselves instead of having this other guy take calls. I have no idea who else to go to down here. thanks Sarah for letting me vent!

Leave a comment:

• Sarah
    replied
    stinky

Dear K,

Pausing is not so great. Dizziness is not so great. 106 is high, but not extraordinary.

I'm sorry, but we just can't diagnose you over the Internet.

If the pauses start up again, I would go to the ER to be safe --just don't let them do anything drastic you aren't comfortable with.

Try relaxing, meditating, deep breathing, anything to get your mind off of the funny beats and see if that doesn't bring your heart rate down.

However, better to go the ER if you need to even with the jerky doctor.

I would have a talk with your doctor's office in the morning.

hang in there!!!

(i've been there. I know how scary it is, but you'll be fine. Someone once said to me, "If you have to ask if you need to go to the ER, then you don't need to go." You'll know.) And hey, I've been to the ER twice when I was really ok but scared sh*less. It was ok. I just didn't let them do anything.

Leave a comment:

• kathyn2
    started a topic Need Help. Anyone up tonite?

Need Help. Anyone up tonite?

I have been experiencing strange heart beats all afternoon and have no idea if they are serious but they are scaring me. I am wondering if anyone has any idea? I called my cardiologist but no one called back. I am so angry. I called a bit ago but some other doctor is on duty and he is a jerk. He was the same one on duty when I went to the hospital a few weeks ago.

Anyway, my heart seems to stop for a second or 2 and then start beating again. When it stops I get a feeling like I could faint and a sort of dizzy. I don't know what to do because this weird doctor is the one on duty at the hospital and he knows nothing about hocm. I haven't had this symptom for at least an hour but it happened about 6 times this afternoon and in between and right now I have tachycardia. Not too bad. about 106 resting. What should I do? Is this an arrythmia?

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X