If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chest Pain

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMfamily I'm a southern girl, a pastor's wife, a mom, and a freelance writer. My father-in-law and husband have both been diagnosed with HCM and we are awaiting tests on my children. Find out more about HCMfamily
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tmullins
    replied
    Re: Chest Pain

I've had the same problem the past week. Chest pains 5 days in a row so I finally went to the hospital to get the basic check up,, all clear. The temp did drop here briefly for south Georgia, I hope it's something that simple because chest pains have never been an issue with me. I'm still going to email the Dr and see what he says. I'll post anything that maybe helpful.

Leave a comment:

• HCMfamily
    replied

No shortness of breath, but maybe the cold is contributing. The temperature here has dropped rapidly and my rheumatoid arthritis is flared badly. Maybe the cold is bothering his incision area too. Thanks for your help! We will definitely call CC is he gets worse or has any other symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• Midge Rollins
    replied

Hard to say but did they treat the pericarditis if so you might call and ask for a refill. Tylenol, heat can help with arthritis, cold weather can also attribute to discomfort fro the wires. Is he SOB? If so he needs to be checked again or if pain gets worse. My first thought would be just call Dr.

Leave a comment:

• HCMfamily
    started a topic Chest Pain

Chest Pain

Hi everyone! Hoping for some insight here… My husband has HCM and had a myectomy at CC in December 2011. Since then, he has done wonderfully. Two months ago, he started having horrible chest pain that he compared to the pain he experienced in the days following surgery. He had an echo done and sent to Dr. Lever at CC and he said everything looked good and it was likely pericarditis and would subside on its own. Sure enough, after about a week, he was back to normal.

Now the pain has returned and it's exactly like last time… comes and goes in waves and he is hurting similar to after his surgery. Since he just had the echo done a couple months ago, he feels like it's pointless to go back to the local cardiologist. Plus we don't have insurance at the moment either and unfortunately, that does make a difference.

I don't think it is a life threatening situation as I've seen him in that situation prior to myectomy, but he is obviously uncomfortable. Any thoughts on what this might be? Arthritis? Scar tissue? More pericarditis? Help!
Working...
X