If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Visit With Dr. Pravin Shah

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

kathyn2 Find out more about kathyn2
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: docs

Originally posted by Sarah
    Dear K

Have Dr. Shah call Dr. pissed-off and let them duke it out. Your regular card was the one who put you on the wrong meds in the first place and is not in charge of your HCM. Dr. Shah is, last I heard.

take care,

S
    Ditto! Let Dr Shah knock some sense into the internal medicine guy!
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Okay folks, i think it's time to take Reenie's smileys away, she's getting way to violent with them! LOL. Just kidding Reenie

Kathy, so happy to hear you're seeing good people now!
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Reenie, your battling smilies are the cutest thing I have seen! I wish my doctor saw your message! What a mess! I wrote to Lori, Dr. Shah's secretary and told her everything. I am waiting to hear back. thanks everyone. Maybe when I go back to see Dr. Shah, he will give me a new prescription for less thyroid.

Comment

where in the world

Reenie,

where in the world are you getting all these little smiley heads?

S

Comment

Kathy & Elsa,

I would LOVE to start our very own chapter for Southern California! When do you think you will be in San Diego, Elsa? I discovered a conflict on Mar 27th (I'd forgotten it), so I just emailed Kathy with more specifics. It'll work best for me if we go to Newport Beach on the 25th. I'd probably come to San Diego on the 24th, so we could get together that evening or the evening of the 25th. Or, as Kathy said, we could all travel to Newport Beach. And eat at the Crab Shack. And walk on that marvelous stretch of beach!

Kathy, for the stress echo you lie down and peddle against increasing resistance. The tech is doing an echo at the same time & another tech is monitoring the EKG & your symptoms. Dr. Shah was in and out, directing the process and asking me questions.They did it in the area right near his office.

I agree with the others--ask Dr. Shah to call the internist about the thyroid med. And you do want that change made a couple of weeks before the stress echo so he can see your heart function under a lower dose.

Take good care,
            Pat

Comment

Re: where in the world

Originally posted by Sarah
              Reenie,

where in the world are you getting all these little smiley heads?

S
              Haha, I dont' want to give my secrets away. Oh, all right. http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/anim_emo...ated_icons.htm

And girls, can you keep me updated on the trip to Newport Beach? I'm not that far away and might be able to join you. I don't know yet, but am interested.

Reenie
              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Oh Boy, this sounds fun. Reenie too! I am going to try to get my appt. on the 25th now but I have no idea of Dr. Shah's schedule etc. So will have to wait and see. I hope to get my appt. around 10:30 or 11am. But what I want may not happen. LOL I will make an announcement when I get the appt and anyone that wants to meet in Newport for a couple of hours after my appt is invited to come. Newport Beach is actually a beautiful area on the ocean in So. Calif. You could all meet at Hoag and say hi to Dr. Shah!

Comment

Working...
                X