If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My experience with COLEUS FORSKOLIIi. Has anyone else here tried it?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

CarolineS Find out more about CarolineS
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you all, especially you OP, for posting this. that's because i was thinking to try out Coleus forskolili and before doing it i prefered to read something about it first. thanks for everything!

Comment

Thank you CarolinsS for posting your experience with alternative treatments. I find it very helpful/hopeful. Recent diagnosis with HOCM at age 63, murmur started age 61, life long endurance athlete/cyclist. Symptom free until Dr put me on Beta blocker. In my life I have often found alternative more useful than mainstream medicine.

Comment

I started forskolin and NAC about four months ago. The improvement was slow but steady. Docs at Vandy started talking about a possible heart transplant immediately after my initial diagnosis at age 56, 18 months ago. Being naturally skeptical, I was willing to try less extreme alternatives. So, the forskolin and NAC provided a noticeable but slow improvement.

However, after dismissing the hype about resveratrol long ago as just another fad, I ran across a number of clinical trials online where resveratrol improved cardiomyopathy in a number of different disorders. So I decided to try it. My improvement in stamina was swift and unmistakeable. After a few weeks I was doing so much better I tried dropping the resveratrol just to see what would happen. Within a week I was back to an inability to climb stairs and frequent syncope. After resuming resveratrol about a month ago, yesterday I was able to run the weed eater for a solid hour without fatigue, including the difficult work of hoisting it high to clear overgrowth on a neglected fence line.

BP continues to check good, anywhere between 100/68 and 130/98. Much better readings than when I was initially diagnosed, running 140/90 to 166/120.

A year ago I was considering closing my small business and selling our house to avoid further yardwork, but at this point I see no need to consider such drastic steps, at least for now. Who knows what the future will bring, but I am doing much better than I was a year ago. The only drug I take is Atenolol 25 once a day.

Best Regards to all. Perhaps my experience will be a help to someone.
        Festus

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X