If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got kicked in the teeth... but I'm still smiling :)

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Richard Nelsen Find out more about Richard Nelsen
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard, attitude is the largest part in fighting cancer, my wife is now in here 5th year of being cancer free and I cannot tell how much I admired her attitude before, during and the worst times after her operation and radiation treatments. She never once thought she was going to lose this battle and I believe this is why it has turned out so well so far.
    Richard, have your moments, but never let it beat you.
    Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
    So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
    Good luck and stay well.
    Glen

Comment

Richard,

You were scheduled for surgery on the 18th. How did it go and how are YOU doing? I've been thinking of you and saying some prayers. I'm hoping you are doing okay.

Pat

Comment

Pat and all my HCM friends, Yes I did have my operation on the 18th. I did have significant superficial cancer on my bladder wall in three locations which they removed. The good part is that it was superficial, the bad part is that it comes back in 85% of those that have it. My urologist said that the two of us will get to know each other very well as I will have to go back in every three months (hate that) all the guys will understand this. Really I'm very happy that it turned out this good for now, things will be better and maybe I can force myself to start thinking about my HCM again. What is your situation now Pat? How are you doing? I'm sorry to say I have not been following the board as of late did I miss anything ground breaking? Please tell me YES! Rick
        \"A Misty Morning Does Not Signify A Cloudy Day\'

Comment

Richard,

That's real good news. I agree it's no fun having quarterly cystoscopies. There's not much dignity for men or women in visiting a urologist! Thank goodness they usually understand that.

I'm doing pretty well with a med change for my HCM. I think there's some pretty earthshaking news on the board in the last month. Start with the research section!

Pat

Comment

Re: Just got kicked in the teeth... but I'm still smiling

Just catching up on the unread postings & was so struck by your seemingly run of bad luck. But as the others have so nicely stated, some of these may be blessings in disguise. I just returned home on Monday from Lung Cancer surgery & I can attest that all the prayers & support of the HCM family have been a God send. I'm doing amazingly well in the area of attitude & know it is helping. I will certainly keep you in my prayers from now til the 18th. Good Luck

Sandy

Comment

Best of luck. It's always an inspiration to read about how HCM'ers deal with and overcome obstacles. I know you will continue to do so.
              Chuck B

An inch is a cinch, a yard is hard

Comment

Rick, I'm betting things have gotten as bad they possibly could and it's only up from here on.
                Your overdue for some good news.
                Good Luck & Stay Well
                Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                Good luck and stay well.
                Glen

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X