If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

message from Lisa Sunday January 18, 2003

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message from Lisa Sunday January 18, 2003

Hello Everyone,
    You may have noticed my lack of posts over the past 3 days, sorry for that. I am getting rather frustrated here... I have been sick again and as I type this I have a 101.1 fever (and honestly all I want to do is sleep ).
    At first they thought I had phenonia but the X-ray was clear. Now it is thought to be virial as I had completed a full dose of Augmentin the day before all the symptoms came charing back.
    I know some of you tried to call me on Saturday - I will get back to you ASAP.
    I hope to be back to my old self very soon..until then Sarah - Reenie - Linda and the rest of the moderators keep things running and to all the new posters I welcome you all and am glad you have found us.
    Best wishes to all...now back to bed.
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Good wishes, Lisa

Dear Lisa,

That's way too bad. You were feeling so much better when we talked early in the week. Then, bam, sick again!

I bet you'd feel better here in our sun--if you want to take some days off and come visit, please do! The spare bed is always made. That's the cure which was used most frequently in the 19th & early 20th centuries, you know, especially for respiratory diseases. The nurses would line patients up outdoors in the sun all day, then bring them in to protect them from "night vapours" at dark.

Hey! Have you been exposing yourself to those night vapours???

I'm sending my thoughts your way, Lisa. I hope they help, Pat

Comment

Dear Lisa,

Just stay off the computer and in the bed!! We'll be all right for a few days. You need your rest. Get better soon.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts..Pat someday I may just take you up on that offer!!
        I slept a good part of the day (thanks for codine cough med!!) now it is after midnight and I can not sleep!... temp is 100.5
        I AM GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED!!!! I have been sick since NEW YEARS DAY...hmm lets do the math... thats 19 DAYS!!!
        Ok I am better now Ya know sometimes I need to vent too! I am going to call the docs again in the morning...see if we can figure out a way to end this
        Best to all...
        Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Currently not obstructed

Comment

I've only got one word for you Lisa: Chicken soup..... Ok thats's two words: Chicken soup and rest.......ok that's four words. But you know what I mean!
          Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

bondage

Dear Larry,

I suspect that Lisa is getting up to early ----go go go is her motto.

Does she need to be locked in her room for a few days to keep her from doing too much?

Lisa is going to kill me if she reads this and she can get to Chicago fast enough!!!

Comment

You might be right. Sometimes I think that she thinks the only thing that could hurt her is kryptonite or perhaps a teddy bear with a good left hook, and sometimes I think that too, but I'm sure it's not the case. :P
              Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

The cause of my current illness.....
                Asthmatic bronchitis, ear/sinus infection, tonsillitis...and yeh not much of a voice!
                I'm on prednesone,atrovent, antibiotic, nose spray stuff and the purple pill for your stomach...because all the stuff is gonna kill my tummy..or so he said!
                I actually feel a bit better today - the meds are working on my lungs and the fever FINALLY BROKE!! that was the horrible 5 days straight between 100 and 101.2...together with the fact I could not sleep because I was coughing every 2 minutes!
                Last night I slept for a good 2 hours between coughs. That felt greats...
                as for you Larry...kryptonite is for sissys like Superman. :P

I am locking in the house for several days as my lungs heal up a bit ( it is very cold here now!) I will be online a bit more now...but I WILL be getting my rest as I do not want to do this ever ever again!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes!
                Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

steam

Dear Lisa,

You know, I bet you aren't steaming!!! Steam will help your lungs a lot. and your head.

S

Comment

YES I AM... I steam in my bathroom..my daughter thinks I am nuts...
                    The steam works really well FYI!
                    Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

ok ok

ok ok, just checking!!

keep it up and I'm glad it is working. Tell Becca it is a spa!!

S

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                      X