If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual HCMA Golf Outing - Your Help is Needed!!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lynn Perry Find out more about Lynn Perry
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual HCMA Golf Outing - Your Help is Needed!!!

This year's HCMA Annual Golf Outing will be held on June 2, 2003.

Even if you can not join us on that day you can still be a big help to us. The golf outing is a major source of funding for the HCMA which lets us continue to provide services like this web site. But, for the golf outing to be a success we need the support of our members and non-members who benefit from the HCMA.

How can you help? We are always looking for donations of prizes and give aways for the golf outing. The prizes don't have to be golf related. For example, in past years we have had donations that included the insurance for a hole in one car (typicall cost approx $500), tickets to Yankee games, tickets to Phili 76's games, gift certificates for hotels, collector coins from banks, Coach hand bags, autographed basketball from the Nets, gift certificates for foursomes of golf, plus the typical assortment of golf related items (golf balls, golf clubs, golf bags, golf shirts, golf tees, golf towels, etc.). Plus other smaller non-golf related items like travel mugs, gym bags, gift certificates to resturants, gift certifcates for merchandise, etc. We had one sponsor last year that covered the cost of a hot dog lunch for all the golfers. There are a wide range of ways that you can help.

If you would like more information about the golf outing or some more specific ideas of how you can help us please feel free to contact me. My e-mail account is [email protected].

Thanks,
    Lynn Perry

Hi everyone,
    This years golf outing really needs to be a big success...Why you ask... We have big plans for the future
    These plans require funding - funding will turn around to mean more services for YOU the HCM Community!
    I am announcing here for the 1st time that I plan to make final arrangements tomorrow for renting some office space to allow the HCMA to grow even more. As many of you know I have been running the HCMA from my home - where most people have a family room I have a complete office! - fact is it is hard to get employees and volunteers to work in a home office. I will maintain an office in my home but I will be adding a small office located just around the corner from my home (directly above the Post office in Hibernia).
    Moving the office will mean some added expences such as rent, phone and internet - but you can not grow if you dont give yourself space to do so Our monthly office expences will be around $350.00 per month. Anyone interested in "sponsoring" a month I will be happy to add something to the website naming our sponsors!
    I also hope to roll out a new program with a local college for some of the students to volunteer time to help us with various functions such as press, database mgt and other functions that will help them learn and us grow!

So golfers and non golfers...help us raise the $$ we need to help you and your families live with HCM!!

All the best,
    Lisa Salberg
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hey will three tickets to Disney help! If so do I send them to the address for membership! I wish I could help more. I wish I could find $50 dollars for the membership but with this condition, school, and work I think I am spending more time in the hospital than I am at home ! but that's another story!

Mary S.

Comment

tickets would be great!!!
        Thanks Mary!!!
        You are so 8) (cool)
        Give Mickey a hug for me
        Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Disney tickets would be a GREAT prize!!! Thank-you!!! That is just the kind of help we are looking for!!

Anyone else out there work for a company that might be able to donate prizes? Some times all you have to do is ask your marketing or public relations office. They usually have a budget for donations to non-profit groups like ours.

Toogoofy, thanks for your help!

Lynn Perry

Comment

prizes?

hey all I worked as a temp for Bose their marketing dept is allways open to this type of cause 803-738-3600 they should remeber me if you want to use my name I gave them some excitement there one day when i was working !! Rich Miller
            Allways remember you cannot control the wind!!
            However you can adjust your sails!!

Comment

Rich:

If I sent you a package would you be willing to work with the folks you know at Bose? Usually works better when they are dealing with someone they know.

Thanks,
              Lynn

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X