If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look out for those flying pigs!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look out for those flying pigs!

Have you found the HCMA's flying pigs yet?
    I bet some of you may be wondering what they are doing here. Well lets just say it is part of an "inside joke" that has now been brought out into the open.
    You see it is like this---
    As we all know there is no cure for HCM. We need research and lots of it. WE also need hope as it is a long hard road ahead to find the answers we need. As of today there is no cure for HCM but someday pigs might fly:

You always have to keep hope and you never know someday pigs just might fly

So Linda P. - what do you think of our new pigs?

All the best,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

I'd love to find one in the Emoticons Linda

Comment

so did you ever find out who the mystery person was who left you the flying pig??

Comment

They're just majic and they just appear You should see how many are flying around my house! Linda

Comment

I have not yet found out where they are coming from ...it seems the more I am interested the more quite some people get....
          So for now I will have some fun with it...and collect more flying pigs! I do know the last card was send from "west Jersey"....
          I have a few people in mind....time will tell
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I think we should name the flying pigs Orville , Wilbur and Amelia. Votes please?
            Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

If any new flying pigs show up, I think we should name the next one "Pigasus". This is fun, I never got to name flying pigs before.
              Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Larry, I think you're very good at the pig-naming game.
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hey Reenie - I think your pig is very cute. I noticed that you are in Redlands.... I am in Colton.... just a hop, skip, and a jump down the road. I assume you go to LLUMC? That's where my son goes.... He sees Dr. Sehra. Anyway, nice to "meet" you.
                  Mom of Keanu
                  4 years old (will be in March)
                  Dx at 2 days old with Biventricular hypertrophy
                  Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM
                  Dx at 5 months with V-tach
                  Dx at 3 with Noonan Syndrome

Comment

Hi, ShelliRenee. Nice to meet you too. Yes, we do go to LLUMC. My husband has HCM and I have 3 kids, 11, 9, and 7. He sees Dr. Bansal. So far my kids have screened clear. Have you, your husband, and your other kids been tested yet? I'm sorry if you answered that in an earlier post, I'm a little forgetful at 6am. If you would like to chat in person or meet sometime, send me a private message and I will gladly send you my phone #.

Reenie
                    Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Good Morning Reenie -

Yes, both my husband and I, along with our other kids all had echos in August or September of 2001. All was clear at that time. Keanu is going tomorrow to have a holtor put on and his echo has been moved up to March 4th. Keanu seems to be sleeping longer lately and I'm a bit worried. My other kids are 4, 6, and 16.

I know what you mean about the early hour. Ugh!!!!
                      Mom of Keanu
                      4 years old (will be in March)
                      Dx at 2 days old with Biventricular hypertrophy
                      Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM
                      Dx at 5 months with V-tach
                      Dx at 3 with Noonan Syndrome

Comment

I'm glad Keanu is getting good care. He might be sleeping longer because he's growing. I know when mine were little they slept all the time when they were going through growth spurts. I will be at the part of the hospital across the street from LLUMC at the building where they do outpatient surgery tomorrow. My son is having adenoids removed, joy that that will be. I get a stress test and echo for myself on Friday. Good luck to you. I hope they don't find anything new for Keanu. By the way, I love his name.

Reenie
                        Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                        X