If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about the new website ?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about the new website ?

We now have tools to take small surveys. This tool will allow us to better gauge your needs. Please participate in these surveys so that we can better fill your needs.

Lisa
    Much better.
    0%
    A little better.
    0%
    About the same.
    0%
    No better.
    0%
    Change it back.
    0%
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

You can post to this string as well with your comments on the new site.
    ALL COMMENTS welcomed!
    or
    It is fine...your input will make this a better place

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Currently not obstructed

Comment

Hi. Well, I think this new site will take a little getting used to. I like it, but one aspect I liked better about the other board was that all threads were accessible from one page instead of going into different "rooms" to access them. But I'll get used to it. I swear I'm stuck in my ways for a young kid.
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Reenie - I will be honest when I first saw this board I thought "heck no!" but once I statrted playing a bit and learning what all the different icons mean it is really simple and easy to deal with.
        Yes, we may need to make modifications as we move forward but give it a little time and lets see how we all feel in a few weeks.

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

VERY TRUE

Dear All,

Lisa had to be dragged into using this message board kicking and screaming!!! Trust me, I know. I did most of the dragging!

So when she found this board and it required registration, etc, Lisa was _not_ excited about it.

But we won her over and --listen to this---Lisa finally got a PDA! I will make a geek of you yet, Lisa!!

Just so you all know, the new site was designed (and is hosted) one of my best friends. She lives in Phoenix and she put up the site at a discount for the HCMA. (porchpuppyonline.com is her company.) It was rebuilt from scratch to be scalable (that means Lisa can add stuff whenever she wants!).

The fact that Lisa is in NJ, Erika in AZ and Tim Steward in OH didn't make a dent in their ability to whomp up this great site.

While the old board felt kind of homey-we are getting bigger and we need to meet more specialized needs and this "room" or segmented board accomplishes that.

I'm glad most everyone likes it.

S

Comment

kicking is a good word ...
            It took me a while to adjust - I do think Tim was going to scream when I would not just jump in and do it... I do admit when I am wrong...Tim and Sarah you were right and I was wrong :P this format offers so much more to the users (once you get comfortable)
            So to all of you who do not like change...I understand..but give it time. I will promise one thing... This will be the format for a long time so do not think we are going to make you learn something new in a few months
            This is our new home so settle in for the long haul

And re Erika at Poarchpuppy.com - she did a great job, gave us a great deal price wise and was very easy to work with! She even picked up the phone at 9am EST..when I forgot that she was in AZ and it was 5am! She was professional and is a really good actress as I had no idea I had just woken her up
            I highly recommend her services for anyone in need

Best wishes,
            Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

I like the look of the new site. I think it will be easier to look at particular topics.

Keep up the good work.
              Sonja
              Wife to Bill (with HCM)

Comment

Clarification

Just a clarification ----Erika's company is porchpuppyONLINE.com --just plain porchpuppy.com is something else entirely. A bummer, but a great name is hard to pass up. (don't use the all caps, that is just for emphasis).

S

Comment

How can you not like it? Soon as you learn your way around you can't help but like it! Rick
                  \"A Misty Morning Does Not Signify A Cloudy Day\'

Comment

Chat Room?

To all HCMA website developers, programmers, nerds, and various other geeks,

Sorry it took me so long to see this thread and put in my two cents' worth. With as much as i post here you'd think i'd have found it by now! I never used the old site, since i joined the HCMA after the big 'changeover', but as an un-biased newcomer i have to say i sure do like this one! You've all done a great job, and i hope that your users have been as supportive as they ought to be. I find it very easy to find my way around here, and by the way, thanks for making the main logo a link to the homepage. It was a nice touch.

Has there been any discussion about creating a chatroom here? I don't have the expertise to even know how difficult that would be, so forgive me if i am asking for the unattainable. But it sure would provide some of us 'loners' with HCM an opportunity to chat with someone when we really need to.

By the way... this fellow... ... i just love this little guy and i can't stop using him... reminds me of a deer caught in headlights... just like me!

Thanks again,

Jim

P.S. Lisa, i will send my HCMA dues as soon as i can, but please understand that while i am unemployed and trying to get my health situation straightened out, things are kinda tight right now
                    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Re: Chat Room?

Originally posted by mtlieb
                      Has there been any discussion about creating a chatroom here? I don't have the expertise to even know how difficult that would be, so forgive me if i am asking for the unattainable. But it sure would provide some of us 'loners' with HCM an opportunity to chat with someone when we really need to.
                      From the geeky side of things, it would be rather easy to add a chat room to the website. However, from the support side of things, a chat room does not provide the same level of support to everyone as a message board. Messages and text will scroll off quickly and will not be visible to those who are not logged on to the chat room at the right time. Where the message boards like this one will allow visitors to view current and search previous messages for the important information they might be looking for.

It is still a good suggestion and I will look forward to discussing the possibility with Lisa.
                      Thanks, Tim
                      Forum Administrator

Comment

Yes, we have thought of it...and it has its pros and cons... Someday we may introduce a chat room but at this time we have "too many irons in the fire" and must tend to some other issues.
                        All of our "irons" are geared to making the HCMA a better organization to provide more services to more people...so hang in there we hear you!

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

I didn't respond to this poll early on because I was still learning my way around. I'm not one of those computer geeks, I feel lucky each time I even get signed on. I think the new site is great, esp now that I can find the home page so much more easily. Thanks, Tim and Sarah for your quick responses to every tiny detail. As for chat rooms, I don't think we are ready, but will be in the future. We could probably do something along the line of scheduling and announcing a wk in advance to be sure people have notice. Maybe we could even post the topic to be discussed. Lots of things we could do with it. Linda

Comment

Working...
                          X