If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to be first! (after Lisa of course)

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Tim Stewart Find out more about Tim Stewart
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be first! (after Lisa of course)

I want to be the first person (other than Lisa) to welcome everyone to the new message boards! This system has lots of cool features 8) which may take people a little bit to discover. Once you get comfortable, I am sure that you will appreciate this new system! Feel free to send me a "private message" if you have any questions that I might be able to answer on this new system.

Thanks ... and have fun!

- Tim
    Thanks, Tim
    Forum Administrator

Hey!

NO Fair! Ok, kinda fair. Tim did a lot of work on the new board, getting the old message board stuck inside here.

Welcome everyone!!!

Sarah :P

Comment

Sarah..welcome to your new home

Sarah...Well it is here so get settled in to your new home away from home.
      I have already recieved a number of messages from visitors to the new site. I have heard several comments and will be watching to see how we all adjust to our new environment.
      For those who are a little concerned about how to use all these new tools and toys...feel free to make mistakes it is all part of learning

FYI - I am having a little trouble with my email acount so be I may be a little behind in emails until I get this straighted out. Also I am feeling a little better - the voice is on its way back

Best wishes,
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Tim; I think adding the photograph was great!!
        Lisa, the new site is looking good. Kind of neat to see who else is on the message board at the same time. The survey tool is a nice tool.

Happy Birthday Lori!!

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn Perry
          Tim; I think adding the photograph was great!!
          Thanks ... Anyone can add a photo. Just edit your profile by clicking the link above. At the very bottom of your profiles section, there is a place to add an "Avatar" (which is what the message board calls these little pictures). You can choose anything to be your avatar. Unfortunately, the image has to be located on another website. My image is located on my website (stewartweb.net). There are a number of public website which host generic images. If you have AOL Instant Messenger, for example, any of their icons can be used as avatars as well. Be creative! Have fun!

Thanks, Tim
          Thanks, Tim
          Forum Administrator

Comment

new website

website looks great. i didn't know that tim lived that close to me. i also live in dayton ohio
            amanda

Comment

Tim,

Looks good!!!! 8)

Jerry

Comment

Wow!! This new site looks great. Great job everyone. I'm alittle overwhelmed, but then again........it's 6:30 am and I haven't had a cup of coffee yet!

Karen

Comment

The new site is definately improved. I looked around some yesterday and tried to see it from a perspective of someone new to the world of HCM. It is very organized and informative. It should be a huge help to families new to this disease as well us old timers. Congatulations on a job WELL-DONE!
                  Obstructive HCM, Pacemaker 1999, Septal Myectomy 2002

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X