If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday wishes...and a dream

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday wishes...and a dream

[Birthday wishes...and a dream]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 01-08-03 07:15

January 9, 1959 - The day my sister was born...Happy Birthday Lori Anne Flanigan

Who would have known that this child was going to change the world in so many ways??

As a baby Lori had been diagnosed with an Atrial Septal Defect - it was repaired by the time she was 5. She lived a rather normal life. When she was a teenager HCM was diagnosed -(IHSS back then)

Her greatest joy in life was the birth of her children John and Stacey - Her world was complete with them in it. She laughed so often and at the strangest things. Lori found the good in everyone and tried her best to make the best of any situation. She gave so much of herself in hopes of finding a cure for HCM, for her children and her family. She paid the ultimate price, she gave her life.

She was taken from us on June 16, 1995 - HCM and poor care left us with an empty space in our family - and broke our hearts.

After her death the HCMA was created in her honor - in her memory and in the hopes no one else would have an empty space left in their family. We are here to LIVE with HCM as best we can, also to be here for those families when HCM has been less then kind and has taken a loved one away.

Moments ago I made the official changes that will bring up the new website... I guess my procrastination had a hidden purpose - -The new improved site should go live on January 9th 2003 - my birthday gift to Lori.

It is my dream that the new and improved site bring needing information, support and knowledge to those who seek it and that Lori's spirit may live through the HCMA and our website.

Happy Birthday Lori, we all miss you and love you…but know the world is a better place because you were here. God Bless Lori

Sincerely,

Lisa Salberg

Lori's sister and President HCMA
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X