If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY NEW YEAR

[HAPPY NEW YEAR]

Author: Mary Catania (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-31-02 07:54

Dear Friends,

I consider each and every one of you on this message board to be a friend: I've learned, cried, and laughed here with all of you. I want to wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year, filled with good health and lots of love and happiness, for to me those are the most important things.

My husband and I are away from work for two weeks, enjoying our Christmas and New Year's holidays with family. The day after Christmas we watched a video of our Christmas Eve with the family in 1989. The whole family sang The Twelve Days of Christmas, each of us having a specific part to sing, with me accompanying on piano. It was the funniest, most joyous experience to see us all so happy and carefree. In the video were four especially-beloved people who

are now gone: 1) my son, Vincent, who died in 1991 of undiagnosed HCM; 2) my husband's mother, Marge, who died in 1993 of stroke-related problems; 3) my brother-in-law's father, Tony, who died in 1999 of a stroke; 4) my father, Nick, who died in 2000 of a stroke. It was such a comfort and joy to see them in the context of the holiday, laughing and singing, just being themselves with the extended families around them. It was as if they had never left us. We are making new holiday memories now, but we will never forget the old ones.

I wish all of you who have lost loved ones the blessing of comfort during the holidays and throughout the new year.

Best Wishes and Love to All,

Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR]

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 12-31-02 08:05

Dear Mary,

It is great you have those videos. We have slides. Very little video. Dad was so cutting edge we have digital 8 tapes. Have to get those converted sometime. Dad is gone. My sister-in-law's mom is gone.

Here's to 2003 and a good year for all of us and some new hearts for those in need.

Take care everyone,

S

Author: Lynn (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 12-31-02 08:47

Last Christmas my father gave Lisa (HCMA president), Larry (the one who likes to write the smart "[email protected]?" comments) and I a really neat gift. He had all his old 8mm films that he did when we were kids converted to VHS. We spent last Christmas Eve watching the tapes. What a laugh we had. It was really special for all of us, but especially her kids, to see pictures of Lori as a kid. (For those that don't know, the HCMA was started in Lori's memory).

Highly recommend converting any 8mm you have of your family before the film starts going bad. What a treasure to pass on to your kids and grandkids.

Happy New Year,

Lynn

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 12-31-02 20:51

Hello all... Yes the tape of the early years of our family were great... there is even footage of my Grandfather (who died of HCM at 43 yrs old in 1953) It was the first time I had seen a full shot of him ...all the others were still photos and normally of his face, it was a wonderful gift. I do recommend having the old tapes transfered.

Happy New Year to all and I wish you all the best in 2003!

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X