If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cardiologist

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardiologist

[cardiologist]

Author: Amanda (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 12-30-02 09:21

hey everyone i went to cardiologist today and he done an echo because i have been getting light headed and walking around dizzy. he said my gradient went up to 58-60 so i am restricted to home only time i can go out is to see my doctors. they said if it keeps getting worse then they will deliver baby early. i am 29 weeks today. otherwise not much new with me. starting to feel worse everyday.

amanda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: cardiologist]

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 12-30-02 10:02

Dear Amanda,

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Have you read the posts here about pregnancy and HCM? You can use the search function to find them. You can calso call Lisa at 973-983-7429 to talk to her about the precautions you should take during delivery.

take care,

Sarah

Author: Amanda (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 12-30-02 13:13

sarah,

have read most of posts about pregnancy and talked to lisa about precautions when i deliver. thanks for the advise tho.

amanda

Author: Heather (65.247.157.---)

Date: 12-30-02 16:49

Hi Amanda,

I delivered my first son by total surprise at 26 wks. Luckily I was able to give him a round of steroids before his delivery. If they decide to deliver you early. You should ask them about giving you steroid injections for the baby. I think they give one set, and then another 24 hrs. later. It is ideal to have 3 rounds, but I think any is better than none......Most 29 wk. babies do very well esp. w/ the steroid injections. The biggest problem he/she might have is maintaining body temp. You might talk to your OB just giving you a round just in case they decide to have to deliver early. It won't hurt anything......My 2nd son was induced at 36 wks. and he had 3 rounds of steroids and did great after delivery.....Let me know if you have any questions about premature babies, HCM w/ pregnancy or anything.....Best of luck!!

Heather

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 12-31-02 06:19

Dear Heather,

What is the benefit of steroid injections?

S

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 12-31-02 07:10

Sarah,

The steroid injections mature the baby's lungs faster. And boys' lungs take a little longer than girls' lungs for some reason. So the steroids would make sure the lungs are ready to be breathing air.

Reenie

Author: Heather (65.247.157.---)

Date: 12-31-02 12:11

Sarah,

I don't know exactly how they work, but as Reenie said, they help mature the lungs. And, also as she pointed out, white males tend to do the worst......Hunter's nick name was "whimpy white boy" which I didn't find too funny at the time....... .......but, thank God, he made it through, after many, many tough times!! I have read that premature black females do the best........I don't know why......Anyway, any steroids Amanda could get for the baby would help.

Heather
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X