If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCM patients deserve life.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

BarbaraRose Find out more about BarbaraRose
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCM patients deserve life.

Do you mean that people with HCM do not deserve to live?

You mentioned that their are IVF experts that can assist with creating babies free of HCM...but if you take that route or rather if one hundred years ago this route was taken then you Lisa would not exist and neither would the patients that are supporting this very organization -

I leave creation up to God - He is the one and only creator!

So freightening that someone can think that people with hcm are not good enough for life.

I understand HCM is not an easy diagnosis to live with but through each and every one of us you will survive. If you start choosing who you will give life to you may eliminate your very savior. The person who will actually "cure" HCM not wipe out the HCM population.

Re: HCM patients deserve life.

MESSAGE TO ALL:

This message was previously deleted from the message board, but after consultation with all of the moderators, I have now restored it and have decided to leave the message and to publicly post the response I sent in a PM to the original poster.

Dear Barbara,

We have a policy of avoiding discussions with politically inflammatory content on our message board. We try instead to stick to factual information. It is our job to inform our members what procedures are available to them. It is up to them to decide whether each procedure is right for them or not. We ask that our members respect each other's personal choices and allow the free exchange of information for the benefit of all of our members.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Daughter of Father with HCM
    Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
    Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
    ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
    Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

I think its a great idea having IVF experts to help have babies free of HCM,
      why would you think thats a bad thing thats crazzy,

"not an easy diagnosis to live with" are you kidding i think you word here is LIVE , how many people die from this illness way to many if you could stop someone from getting this illness in any way at all i do not see that as wrong that amazing , i would love for HCM to be wiped out

If one hundred years ago this route was taken then maybe i wouldent have to had a transplant maybe i wouldent have to have been on life support for a week at the age of 21 ,maybe my grandmother and aunty wouldent have passed away befor there time from HCM and maybe my father would be in hospitil right now and my 30 year old cosion wouldent have had a heart attack

I disagree with you in so many ways

Margi
      Margi*
      http://margi-inskeep.blogspot.com
      Forever Young

I was diagnosedwith HCM at 6.
      Went into Atrial fibrillation so had a ICD put in at 16
      Went into Heart failure at 17
      Got a heart transplant at 21(2009)

Comment

K im sorry i should have though befor a spoke (or typed) i shouldent have taken it so personly
        I dont agree with what you say but everyones is allowed there own opinion

Margi
        Margi*
        http://margi-inskeep.blogspot.com
        Forever Young

I was diagnosedwith HCM at 6.
        Went into Atrial fibrillation so had a ICD put in at 16
        Went into Heart failure at 17
        Got a heart transplant at 21(2009)

Comment

Working...
        X