If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

book for lay folks

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book for lay folks

[book for lay folks]

Author: Cheryl (131.96.66.---)

Date: 03-11-02 15:01

My mother was diagnosed with HOCM and had a septal alcohol ablation Feb. 1 and is doing wonderfully. My sister and I both got the EKG and echo and mine came out clear. Hers did also, but she was told she has a murmur. My doctor suggested a book title called "HCM...something". It's written for us regular folks. Does anyone the name of this book? I know it was not a general well-known publisher, and my web searches have come up dry.

Thanks...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: book for lay folks]

Author: sarah beckley (---.dsl.mindspring.com)

Date: 03-11-02 23:44

Dear Cheryl,

Lisa, the president of the HCMA, wrote a book on HCM for us regular folk. Please use the e-mail link on this page to order it and to get membership info, too.

I'm glad you are clear. It sounds like your sister may benefit from further testing. Please talk to Lisa about this, too.

I hope your mom does well.

Sarah

Date: 03-11-02 23:44

Dear Cheryl,

Lisa, the president of the HCMA, wrote a book on HCM for us regular folk. Please use the e-mail link on this page to order it and to get membership info, too.

I'm glad you are clear. It sounds like your sister may benefit from further testing. Please talk to Lisa about this, too.

I hope your mom does well.

Sarah

Author: Pam (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 03-20-02 11:08

I would like to order the book for lay folks.

Thank You

Date: 03-20-02 14:17

Dear Pam

Please contact the HCMA office or mail them a check (I think the book is still $24.95 and $2 for shipping):

E-mail [email protected].

Please include your name and mailing address

Mail to: HCMA P.O. Box 306 Hibernia NJ 07842

Call: 8am to 8pm Eastern time ONLY please 973-983-7429

There is no on-line ordering at this time.

S

Author: lisa (208.47.172.---)

Date: 04-05-02 11:07

YES!

Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy a Handbook for Patients, Their Famlies and Interested Physicians is available for the HCMA for $24.95 (+$2.00 US and $4.00 shipping out of USA) from the HCMA- You can mail payment by check(drawn on US bank), Money order - or credit card to the HCMA

OR

Fax the HCMA at 973-983-7489 with your name address, Credit card number - exp date and if the billing address for the credit card is different then the ship to address please provide the billing address.

OR

you can email your request and credit card # HOWEVER...we do not have a security encryption ....

Any questions call the HCMA office 973-983-7429

Best to all...

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X