If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday shopping..the one thing NOT to forget

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday shopping..the one thing NOT to forget

[Holiday shopping..the one thing NOT to forget]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 12-22-02 07:15

Just a quick reminder.. while shopping and standing in lines... remember to DRINK lots of water! Do not carry to many packages at once...make frequant trips to the car and place them in the trunk...and one more thing...smile! Its Christmas!!!

Enjoy and may you all find peace, joy and happiness this holiday season!

OH - Thanks Amy N. for the phone card it will help many people!

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Holiday shopping..the one thing NOT to forget]

Author: Board Moderator: Sarah Beckley (---.244.66.31.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)

Date: 12-22-02 09:48

Dear All,

If you haven't discovered on-line shopping or catalog shopping, I can't recommend it enough. Obviously it is too late for this year, but even though I live 10 minutes from the heart of Chicago's shopping district, I shop on-line for almost everything.

Happy holidays,

S

Author: Larry (---.ppp.fcc.net)

Date: 12-22-02 10:05

Just a public service announement from Lisa's smarter(or smartass) big brother:

If you drink all that water that Lisa suggests, you will not ONLY be making frequent trips to the car ! Plan your route accordingly.

Date: 12-22-02 13:27

Larry ... Yes you will need extra potty trips...but it is better than a hospital trip

Yes Sarah..online is the way to go...but there are always those things to get locally... and the lines...UFF DA!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

PS Larry... I am wainting on your household to drop of gifts..everyone else is already done. Let me know when I should expect the last load!

Best wishes to all... and to all a Good night!

Lisa

Date: 12-23-02 14:28

Lisa....we will get the gifts to your house as soon as the U.N.weapons inspectors are done looking through it. Thank you for your understanding.

Date: 12-23-02 17:02

Is this like traveling with gifts??? You can not wrap them so that they can be inspected... Hey what happens if your relative works for the airlines and gets to see there gifts...hmm I wonder if anyone thought of that???

I will give you a hint about your gift... it is something old yet something new... you may have one...but nothing like this and my employment over the past 15 yrs has made it possible for me to obtain this a such a good price I am actually able to give this rare collectable to my bro for x-mas...

care to guess??

your wonderful sister!

Date: 12-24-02 05:09

Sounds like it may be a fruitcake.....how appropriate!

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 12-24-02 07:49

no...not fruitcake...

try again...

Date: 12-24-02 09:04

A 57 Chevy???

Author: Linda, Bd of Directors (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 12-24-02 09:19

I'm hoping for you, Larry! Linda

Date: 12-24-02 09:32

Hmmmm.....A rare collectable you say? I'm not getting my hopes up too much on the 57 Chevy.

Could it be a tape recording of George W. Bush saying something articulate or intellegent?

Could it be a recording of Trent Lott and Strom Thurmon singing "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas"?

Could it be a new 8 track tape deck?

I dunno, I'm a wee bit stumped, and it's had to stump a genius you know. Nice job!

Date: 12-24-02 09:37

That was supposed to say "Hard to stump a genius" in my last post. Geniuses don't spell very well you know.

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 12-24-02 09:45

Genius... NOT...

Author: Mom (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-24-02 09:50

Nor do they have neat spelling papers! His fourth grade teacher threw a class party when he had a neat correct paper and his first grade teacher was thrilled when he fell off his chair less. There are somethings in life that are hard to forget.

Merry Christmas to all, even Larry!

Author: Larry (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-25-02 08:26

Lisa, make sure that Mom does NOT get the address for the new site when it's ready!

And oh joy and rapture, Lisa gave me my very own Packard!

Date: 12-25-02 10:51

OK here is the rest of the story...

I found an old Packard on E-Bay...not the car but an old sewing machine! For those who do not know the "family business" is sewing machines and vacuums... So when I saw a 1950 Packard sewing machine I had to bid... and was the only one! I decorated the old case with Packard auto chrome pieces and gave Larry the "Pink slip" and 20 year warranty (issues in 1951!) as a "gift" this x-mas...

It was a rather fun gift I must admit

Lisa

Author: Board Moderator: Sarah Beckley (---.56.136.137.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)

Date: 12-25-02 11:48

L

what the heck are we doing on the site in the middle of xmas day???

I'm cooking our turkey --it may be the only part of dinner that will be done on time.

S

Date: 12-26-02 06:05

Read the other xmas post... I was attempting to keep my mind off of things as the police were tending to John and Stacey's accident...Some people eat, others read..and others go online when they are nervous...

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X