If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Visitors PLEASE read this!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Visitors PLEASE read this!

[All Visitors PLEASE read this!]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 12-17-02 05:26

I know many of you pop in each day to visit, although many do not post... I know you are all there. We are very close to a major format change of the website and message board. We have just about completed the most difficult part of the upgrade, achieving the messages here on the board. My thanks to Tim Stewart for helping to arrive at a solution to this sticking point. I would further like to acknowledge PoorchPuppy.com for the wonderful help they have provided in the rebuilding of the site, you are all going to love it!

Now here is the catch... I would expect a slight learning curve for many with the new site design. The new board will require you to register and create a password for yourself. This will allow us to maintain a high quality message board with appropriate information. I would like to state that I encourage all participants to post their thoughts, concerns and questions regardless if it may be not in line with popular opinion. The determination to delete a message from the board will rest with the board of directors and I suspect will rarely if ever need to be done.

Sarah will continue to moderate the board as she has done a remarkable job to date; we look forward to many more years ahead with her active on the board. I will be seeking some assistant moderators to handle sub-sections of the board, I have already been in contact with a few of you and do look forward to moving forward on this the 1st quarter of 2003.

As part of the new structure of the message board it will allow greater ability to set up regional threads, thereby beginning the 1st step of building chapters across the country!

We have accomplished much in 2002 - I am very excited to see what 2003 has in store for the HCMA.

I wish you all a very happy and healthy holiday season!

Sincerely,

Lisa Salberg

President

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: All Visitors PLEASE read this!]

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 12-17-02 06:50

In addition, there are directions on how to use the new message board IN the new board, so don't think we are just hanging you all out to dry!! You can also e-mail questions directly to me, too, as they arise.

S

Date: 12-17-02 11:34

She is 100% correct. We will be providing extra help time on the phone also just to handle questions and problems for the 1st few weeks.

Those of you who are very technical and use many types of software will be just fine, those who do not use computers a great deal may need a little help up front...but in the end find the system far easier to use!

Lisa

Date: 12-17-02 12:07

Lisa, you are going to scare everyone!!!

You don't have to be technical to figure it out. It just has more stuff, looks a lot fancier, and has features that you can use or ignore. It all works _exactly_ the same even if it looks different (except you have to register the first time you use it).

Here is a message board that is set up a lot like our new one that you can look at to get an idea of what we are talking about. Our is nicer, but I haven't found a link to someone else who is using the same software yet.

http://www.dancescape.com/ubb/ultima...?ubb=get_daily

Thanks,

S

Date: 12-17-02 12:46

I am not attempting to scare any of you.. Sorry if it sounded that way... it is only that some of you who are not on the computer a great deal have told me you have had trouble with this message board...the new board LOOKS like is harder to use but is not really difficult at all...just give it a few minutes and you are going to love it.

Sarah...is that better

Lisa

Date: 12-17-02 13:29

Yes, thank you, that is better.

The key to learning new things is to know that you can't break the web site and you shouldn't be afraid to just click on things and see what happens. You won't hurt it.

S

Author: Tim Stewart (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 12-17-02 16:05

Feel free to visit my site. I have the same forum software running there:

http://forums.stewartweb.net/

Slightly different colors but same look and feel for reading, posting and searching.

Thanks, Tim

Author: Amelia Haynes (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-17-02 16:58

I bet we can handle the change. Don't worry so much. Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season.

Amelia Haynes

Author: Board Moderator (Sarah Beckley (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 12-17-02 18:01

Dear Tim,

Thanks!!!

S

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 12-18-02 12:30

OK OK but you all know I worry about all of you and all the details...sorry for being too much of a mama bear ...

I KNOW you will all love the new site!

Lisa

Author: Glen (65.247.42.---)

Date: 12-19-02 04:41

Will we be able to become a member on line now??

Glen

Date: 12-19-02 07:11

Glen,

We are working on that right now.

S

Date: 12-19-02 07:14

Membership, donations, book orders, and other items will be available via the website VERY soon

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X