If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Small Accomplishment

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Small Accomplishment

[One Small Accomplishment]

Author: Mary S. (---.net273.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 12-12-02 19:28

Hi all! I just wanted to let you know that as of next Thursday I will be a certified EMT! It just goes to show that if you put your mind to it you can do anything. I had many people including my cardiologist doubtful that I would make it through this semester. At times I was about to give up especially after my sugery. I was so sore and the last thing I wanted to do was ride on an ambulance for 14 hours I did tough it out with encouragement from my best friend John who is like a father to me. I would not have been able to do this without all of the love and support that I have gotten of my family at Disney and Lisa who led me on the right track.

Thank you for letting me get my life back!

Mary S.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: One Small Accomplishment]

Author: Board Moderator (Sarah Beckley (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 12-12-02 20:00

Dear Mary,

Congratulations and a giant hug! You earned it. I've really enjoyed "talking" to you and I look forward to hearing all about life as an EMT.

take care (I mean it!)

Sarah

Author: Pat H (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-12-02 20:25

See what can be accomplished when you put your mind to it. I told the EMTs in the ambulance Nov. 16 that all of them are over worked and underpaid. Hear is a big THANK-YOU for the work that you have done and a prayer to help you continue to do it for as long as you want to.

Pat H

Author: Dolly (Andrew's mom) (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 12-13-02 05:22

Congratulations Mary!! You deserve to be very proud of your accomplishment!

Dolly

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 12-13-02 05:45

Mary ... Congrats! What a wonderful achievement! Looking forward to hearing your future life saving moments! It's wonderful when you can touch another life!

~ Erica

Author: Linda, Bd of Directors (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 12-13-02 09:30

Mary, Congratulations! So happy for you, and a big "THANK YOU" (I think it's ok to yell this one) to all the EMS people out there for all of us. Linda

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 12-13-02 11:14

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so proud of you! I know it has been a difficult few months for you and that you have worked very hard. My dad was also an EMT with HCM

Take care of yourself! Sit back and enjoy your accomplishment!

BIG hug!

Lisa

Author: Mary S. (---.net252.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 12-13-02 19:28

Thanks so much for all of your kind words. Hearing them brings a smile and a tear to my eye ! I will do my best at whatever road I take!

Thanks again!

Mary S.
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X