If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important announcement from the HCMA

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important announcement from the HCMA

[Important announcement from the HCMA]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 12-10-02 09:40

Dear Friends,

This is a formal announcement of the HCMA’s new hours of operation. Effective January 1, 2003 the office will be open from 8:30am-6:00pm Tuesdays and Thursdays and 11:30am-3:00pm on Saturdays. Appointments for evening calls will be by appointment only. While there will be staff in the office on Mondays and Wednesday it will be strictly administrative functions on those days, therefore it is best to call the office on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays for assistance in locating a doctor or to ask technical questions. After careful evaluation of the volume of calls and the need for each person / family to receive individual attention we feel this schedule will allow ample time for calls and ample time for administrative functions. We hope to extend our hours of service within the next few months.

As many of you know I am not only the President of the HCMA but I am also a Human Resource Manager for a wonderful company - -Packard Industries and have been for nearly 15 years. Effective January 1, 2003 I will be shortening my hours at Packard and increasing my hours here at the HCMA. My heart felt thanks to Fred and Dan Kanter for all of their assistance and support. This move is being done for 2 reasons – 1. The HCMA is dear to my heart and I love what has been created and do hope to see it grow. 2. I too have HCM and was feeling the effects of working full time and running the HCMA – not to mention raising a family. I had to take a step back and realize that I too am human and must be wise about my own health.

I am very excited about 2003 for the HCMA and hope to see us grow even faster then we did in 2002!

Best wishes,

Lisa Salberg

For Lori - -

"I'll Talk To You Later"

I think of you often, but I cant say goodbye

The sweet smell of summer, the sun in the sky, and the start of a new day but I cant say good-bye.

I think of you often and speak to the sky.

No one can see you and they don’t understand why I cant live without feeling you close to my heart.

I speak to the clouds and know that you hear.

You can’t be here with me but I feel that you’re near.

So I think of you often and keep my heart near to those sweet days of summer when you were here.

It has been such a long time since you were here but to me it was yesterday the last time I could hear, ‘I’ll talk to you later’.

The sweet days of summer belong now to the future, for someone else to laugh and hear ‘I’ll talk to you later’ because I know your not here.

As we move to the future we all know and feel that the future is brighter because you were here.

So I think of you often and hold my heart near to those sweet days of summer when you were here.

I will talk to you later and I know that you will hear.

Even though you left us for heaven I know you can still hear.

By L. Salberg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Important announcement from the HCMA]

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 12-10-02 13:05

Dear Lisa,

Lori is so proud of you, and so are we. We are all very glad you are taking care of you ---and us!!

big hug,

Sarah

Author: CONNIE (---.direcpc.com)

Date: 12-11-02 06:56

Lisa

" I'LL Talk to You Later" really touched my heart. Did you write that?. With your permission Im sending it to my 2 sisters. Its just so beautful. Thank you Lisa.......Connie

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 12-11-02 08:59

Yes, I did write that yesterday... feel free to share it.

I am glad you liked it, I just started writing down thoughts and it just came together. As we all know some days are better then others and yesterday I could only think of Lori. Maybe it is because the HCMA is growing and that she is truely the heart of it all, or maybe I just miss my sister.

I do hope that you read it and smile... because that is how I remember her, with a smile

Lisa

Author: Pat H (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-11-02 20:32

I think your sister must be looking down and smiling at all the things you have done in her name. It touches my heart to see the love that you have for your sister. That isn’t the way it is in many families. Keeps up the great work you are doing for all of us with HCM out there. We all need this site and the referrals that you give us. Where else would we learn the things we do here on this site. Be sure and take the time you need to keep yourself in good shape while dealing with all the things that HCM throws at you.

Date: 12-12-02 06:06

Thank you Pat -

In all honesty I must give you all a little more insight to my family (and many of them read this so they will correct me if I do not give the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!)

We were not a "huggy kissy I love you - Brady bunch family". We are a normal family with its disagreements, laughs, disappointments, accomplishments, and just a normal family moving from day to day as best we can.

There is one way I think we may be a bit different then some other families - we all commit time and energy to community service. My Dad is a volunteer 1st aider and was a volunteer fireman, Mom was on the ladies auxiliary that supported the fire department, Lori was my Girl Scout leader, Sunday school teacher and gave time to many of her children’s activities. It was Lynn’s (my sister) idea to have the HCMA golf outing which has now raised nearly $50,000 over the past 5 years and my brother Larry is a volunteer fireman and coaches the local hockey team. Not to mention my Brother-in Law who basically single handedly saved a small abandon cemetery by rebuilding headstones and tending to the property! My husband, Adam, is the VP of the HCMA and gives much of his time to many unsung functions for the HCMA. This is my family. No we do not get "paid" for many things that we do... but there are things in this world far more important than money.

I can say one further thing about us, we all care deeply about things that are important to us and we have always kept our promises. I promised Lori that if anything ever happened to her I would do everything I could to ensure her children have a happy, healthy childhood and get to college - -this has happened.

John and Stacey are following in the tradition of community service. They organized the first and second HCMA benefit concerts.

Yes I miss Lori, as does my entire family. In this family we do not sit around waiting for someone to make it better... we take action. For me that action is the HCMA. To date I must say that all my work has been very fulfilling and productive and I have enjoyed being able to help you and your families. I look forward to many many years ahead of knowing you all and working together with the research community to find answers and improve our quality of life.

Sincerely,

Lisa

Author: Julie Petitpas (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-13-02 11:30

Lisa,

You are a true inspiration to us all. I don't know how you do it. This web sire has been so great for me ever since I lost my brother in September to HCM. I have been thinking how I can vounteer my time to help someone's elses life but, I just don't know where I can find the time. I'm a stay at home Mom with two Preschoolers and my husband works 10+ hours a day. I have been busy helping my family raise money for a scholarship and memorial fund in my brother's name. Even thought I'm 500 miles away from them. Since November 10th we have raised $20,179 and it is still growing. Maybe that is my calling.

Once again thank you for all your hard work and take care of yourself. All my best, Julie P.

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 12-13-02 12:03

Dear Julie,

It sounds like you are doing enough already!!! Take care of yourself. Your children need you very much---as does your husband, your family, and US!

take care,

Sarah

Author: Larry (---.ppp.fcc.net)

Date: 12-13-02 14:37

Yeah Lisa, I think this bunch falls somewhere in between The Brady's and The Bundy's, with only a small pinch of The Osbournes thrown in to "kick it up a notch" as my buddy Emeril would say. But please don't ever use the word "normal"!! -

Date: 12-16-02 14:16

My brother has a good point...yet I can not see anything in Ozzie that reminds me of my dad

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X