If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myectomy

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myectomy

[Myectomy]

Author: Susan Y (---.wab.kconline.com)

Date: 12-06-02 20:32

I have been very busy studying for finals....havent had much time to think about my up coming surgery..I am leaving here (Indiana) to go to CCF on Mon. for blood work, Tue. a heart cath....and so on...Surgery is supposed to be on Fri. I don't know if there is anyway to feel prepared for this surgery, but if anyone has any suggestions feel free to send them my way. I guess I am getting alittle nervous. I wont have access to a computer as of Mon. I would like for all of you to remember me, my family, and the doctors and nurses in your prayers. Thanks Susan Y.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Myectomy]

Author: Lori (---.client.insightBB.com)

Date: 12-07-02 02:12

Hi Susan ....good luck with your surgery and you are in my prayers. Do you live near the Indianapolis area? Where do you go to school? My daughter is 18 and is looking for a support connection near by.

Good luck we are thinking of you.

Date: 12-07-02 03:32

Hi Lori, actually I'm a widow with three kids ages 11,13 and 16. I'm trying to finish the degree I started 18 yrs ago. I'm up at I.U. Kokomo. Thanks for the prayer support. Susan

Author: Cynthia (---.dialup.mindspring.com)

Date: 12-07-02 05:07

I cannot blame you in the least for ANY kind of upcoming surgery. You wouldn't be normal if you weren't. You will be in my prayers. I am sure it will be successful. Take care

Author: Lori (---.client.insightBB.com)

Date: 12-07-02 05:22

Dear Susan....wow I goofed at that one........we live in Cicero. Where do you go for medical care? My email address is [email protected] would love to chat some time.......we are talking about starting a local support group.

Take Care Lori

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 12-07-02 05:42

Susan,

You'll do fine. The Cleveland CLinic is GREAT! It will take awhile, but now after 3 months I really am feeling better. By the way, I live in Carmel and go to St. Vs for local stuff.

Jerry

Author: Amy N. (---.tnt1.seymour.in.da.uu.net)

Date: 12-07-02 05:55

I wonder how many of us from Indiana read the board. Maybe we should do an Indiana get together like the Chicago group? What do you all think?

Amy N.

Southern IN

Author: Robert Hartwell (---.focal5.interaccess.com)

Date: 12-07-02 06:48

Susan,

I never found a way to be prepared for this surgery. Everyone at CCF is absolutly great and will take good care of you. I did use their guided imagery CD before and after surgery which seemed to help a bit. You will receive it during your pre-op visit. Just keep telling yourself that this surgery will make you feel better and help avoid other heart related problems in the future. Good Luck to you and keep us up to date on your progress.

In my thoughts and Prayers

Bob

Author: Tim Stewart (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 12-07-02 07:20

Hello Susan,

You mentioned in your post that you "won’t have access to a computer as of Mon."; I wanted to let you know that one of the great things about CCF is that you will be able to access a computer almost anywhere on campus. They provide TONS of computers for use by both patients and visitors. Please see my new main posting for information on how to access the Internet from Cleveland.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Tim

Author: Lynn Stewart (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 12-07-02 08:50

Hello Susan,

Just to let you know that Tim, my husband, and I will be in Cleveland on Monday (December 9th) for a follow-up a appointment that I have with Dr. Lever in the afternoon. Most likely I will be in the 'F' building until 5pm or later as I also have an echo scheduled. If you would like to meet to talk please just send us an email note and we will gladly get you our cell phone number. I know this is a very stressful week - my myectomy under Dr. Lever and Dr. Smedira was August 29th this year and I must tell you it was abosultely the right thing to do with the right people! You are going to the best place and will be in fabulous, world-class care!

Take a deep breath, you're in great hands!!!

All the best,

Lynn Stewart

Date: 12-09-02 01:56

Thanks for the support everyone.....I am about to be on my way. All the info has been very encouraging. I'll figure out the status page at CCF and get on line there. Thanks Tim for letting me know about it. God bless all, Susan

Author: Howard Mirchin (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-12-02 14:01

Dear Susan:

Good luck with you upcoming surgery at CCF on Friday. I had a myectomy performed by Dr. Smedira on November 14th. The doctors and staff where great and most important very professional. By now you should have received the relaxation CD from CCF. For me it worked wonders because of how it kept me relaxed. When I was put out by the anthesiologist I still had the CD connected. The music was the last thing I remembered. The nurses in ICU and the main floor were wonderful and are very experienced on how to deal with heart patients after surgery. You will do great, please update us on your progress.

Howie

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 12-12-02 15:04

Susan we will all be thinking of you Friday! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Lisa

Author: Judy Clingaman (139.137.210.---)

Date: 12-13-02 08:25

Hi! I`m Susan`s mom. She just came out of surgery and is doing fine. I`ll try to keep this updated.

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 12-13-02 10:51

THANKS JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tell Susan we're all thinking about her.

S

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 12-13-02 11:17

JUDY -

Please send out best wishes to Susan!

Best wishes,

Lisa

Author: Lynn Stewart (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 12-13-02 12:08

Hi Judy!

It was so nice to meet you on Monday - I only wish that we all could've talked longer! I've been thinking of Susan all day today; as she starts to 'come around' please let her know that I'm sending her the very best!!

All the best,

Lynn Stewart

Author: Syndel (139.137.210.---)

Date: 12-14-02 06:57

Hello....this is Syndel, Susan's Daugter. I'm !6 and I'm at the Cleavland Clinic right now. I just saw mom and she's doing much better than yesterday.

She is still in ICU, but just untill the Doc's can find hew a room.

I made a web page that you can visit to see updates about her, I'll try to keep it as updated as possible. The web site is; www.theStatus.com

you will need her ID and visiter password; id- 41214064650

pass word; quest-gravy

I didn't pick the password, it was atomatic. thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Please continue your prayers for her.....and i would be very greatful for your prayers for our family. I'll be sure to let her know eaveryone is thinking about her.

--syndel
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X