If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absent minded

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absent minded

[Absent minded]

Author: Jason (---.ushwy1.com)

Date: 12-06-02 19:14

Hello, can any one tell me if sometimes they have trouble concentrating or staying focused. I seem to be having some memory laps's lately (like the spelling going on here). Asking my wife the same questions more than once, only minutes apart. I know most men are like this, but it seems to me to be getting worse. Any one else have little problems like this. Thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Absent minded]

Author: Brody (218.145.25.---)

Date: 12-06-02 19:55

My son who has HCM complains of similar problems. It is very frustrating for him to work hard in school and then seem to lose his memory.

Author: Amy (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-07-02 04:18

Jason,

You may want to look at the side effects of the meds you are on. I have had a similar problem lately. I am on amiodarone, and my thyroid is a little out of wack from it. Having a wacky thyroid levels can cause memory problems.

Good Luck

Amy

Author: Sarah B. -Board Moderator (---.dsl.chi.megapath.net)

Date: 12-08-02 09:48

Beta-blockers cause this. Some more so than others. The newer the beta-blocker, the fewer side effects it tends to have, except that everyone is a little different. Try another one or change around the dose so you are taking it at bedtime or earlier in the morning.

S

Author: DENNIS J.BASSETT (---.ts17.qui.ma.net1plus.com)

Date: 12-10-02 14:41

Hi Jason, I have similar concentration problems, and was extremly difficult to stay focussed when I was working as a sales manager at anew car dealership. But I,ve been on a lot of medication for more than half my life. I turn 50 next week. I also see my cardiologist next week and I plan on discuussing my meds. Hang in there. Dennis

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 12-10-02 18:06

Discuss your concerns with your doctor it may be the meds, age or (you said it 1st.. it may be a male thing... but you should talk to the doc and let them know.

let us know how you make out.

Good luck,

Lisa

Author: Mary S. (---.net156.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 12-10-02 18:33

Talking about losing short term memory. My verapamil has been terrible on that. Take tonight for example I lost my car in the Disney parking lot and spent a half hour looking for it. I have also locked my keys in the car twice. I am only 22 and most of my life had been praised for my photographic memory. If the medicine wasn't making me feel so well I would ask to change but you have to weigh the good and bad I guess.

mary S.

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 12-11-02 04:31

Mary... I too had lost my car in a paring lot...It was the weekend of the HCMA meeting and I was driving Dr. B. Maron to a talk so we spent some time walking through the parking lot at Hackensack Med. Center in NJ!

I felt so bad...then we arrived at the meeting and his son was there (Marty) made a comment that 'oh his dad wasnt the only one to loose a car in a paking lot!'

So do not feel bad about that one even Dr. Maron has lost his car

Sorry Barry I could not resist!

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X