If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a hello !

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a hello !

[Just a hello !]

Author: maura mendoza (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-04-02 06:20

Greetings Everyone,

I wanted to take a few moments to check in , I havent been online as fanaticaly as I had been. I am feeling my grief lighten some. Thanksgiving was not the same with out Travis at the table, but I made the best of it and whipped up an awesome meal ! I think the anticipation of the holiday was far worse than the aucutual day. I finished all my x-mas shopping already to avoid the holiday spirit carried by so many. Today I put the fresh cut tree up that has been sitting on my deck ! We are decorating the tree tonight in blue lights adorned in all angels to honnor Travis. I am trying to have a facade of xmas spirit for my two son's, they will have a Great Christmas this year , I spent far more than usual, but rationalized that they have had an extremely rough 3 months with out there brother .

My youngest son Conaln ( 5 ) will turn 6 the day after christams, and is realy hyped , I feed of his energy ! Conaln has come a long was in the past 3 week's, no major raging outbursts, I think we have found a calm ! Michael is doing well also, he dreams of travis all the time ! Just wanted to give you all an update as I have recieved some emails asking how we are all doing ! Thnak you all for your love and concern.

God Bless you all and your's ! Maura

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Just a hello !]

Author: Sharon (---.ph.ph.cox.net)

Date: 12-04-02 07:24

Hi Maura,

We have missed hearing from you on the board. I am happy to see you are moving forward. It's never easy, and the emotions can creap up on you and your boys at anytime throughout the holidays. Just let the emotions flow when they need to, because we can't heal them if we don't feel them. It will take time and each holiday, anniversary, moment can be different and sometimes difficult. The emotions that each of you share will need special nurturing to heal the pain and loss of your precious son.

Travis is still watching over his loving family and saving a place for him and honoring his short life is okay and healthy. You will always be his mother and your love for each other never stops.

Please know that you have my utmost sympathy and admiration for your strength and willingness to share your journey with each of us and with me. If there is anything I can do or if you just need a sympathetic ear, please call.

God's Blessings to you and to Travis!

Love and Peace,

Sharon Bates

http://www.AnthonyBates.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Just a hello !]

Author: Amy (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-04-02 11:44

Maura,

I was thinking about you a lot over Thanksgiving. I knew it would be difficult for your family. Like you I found the anticipation worse then the actual day. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be without my mom. I think that was because I was expecting it to be unbarable. I'm so happy that your grief is lightened a bit. I'm sure that you have good days and bad days. Hopfully, the good days will soon out number the bad days.

Best Wishes,

Amy
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X