If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for NJ people wanting to do something good...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for NJ people wanting to do something good...

[Looking for NJ people wanting to do something good for others with HCM]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-30-02 10:53

Hi all,

This is just for the Northern NJ crew for now. A company is developing a new way of detecting various heart problems with heart sounds. They have set up the system to detect those with HOCM...but not HCM. They are looking for a few volunteers to have there heart sounds recorded. The date has not yet been set but we are attempting to get together in the Parsippany area the week of Dec 10-16. It will only take 10 minutes per person to record. If you live in the area and want to help out call me ASAP.

With your help we may be able to better find cases of HCM and stop needless deaths of our young people. This is not a proven technology YET...but with your help it may well be one more step on the ladder to a better way of detection.

PS... I am down to 180 emails to respond to....be patient I will get to them all!

Thank you,

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Looking for NJ people wanting to do something good for others with HCM]

Author: Carol Wilson (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-30-02 16:20

Lisa,

I live in Monmouth County, NJ and would like to help out if possible. I have HCM with obstruction. Let me know the details and I'll do my best to come to Parsippany.

Thanks

Date: 11-30-02 18:16

At this point we are really in need of those without obstruction... those without murmurs.

If those with obstruction are needed I will post it ASAP.

Thanks!!

Lisa

Author: Larry (---.ppp.fcc.net)

Date: 12-02-02 13:59

Lisa has signed me up for one of these "recording sessions". I can't wait to see the faces on those folks doing the recording when I walk in with my guitar.

Date: 12-03-02 07:33

no guitar we do not want to scare them away!

Lisa

Author: Larry (---.ppp.fcc.net)

Date: 12-14-02 10:35

Ok......I'll bring my new dulcimer instead.
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X